Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[G2G Votes] Sophon Logo

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 25, 2012, 5:30:29 PM
The logos proposed for the Horatio were really good. All of them are in the way of "beauty" and the like.

But for the Sophon, I'm sorry to say that I voted the least bad for me.

The A logo is ok, but I don't see why Sophons would have used such a logo. I can't find connection to their lore.

The B logo can remind a ship view from above. With a bit of imagination. The least bad in my mind. Sophons are small creatures

The C logo reminds nothing from the visual style of the lore of the Sophon (curiousity, multiple debates, fragile creatures, visual style all in rounds). The shape shouldn't have rough angles (as the visuals for the ships show).

I would have liked to see something that reminds their open-mindedness (so no closed forms like the A logo and no rough angles like in the C logo). The B logo is too "big" in my mind to represent small and slender creatures as the Sophons. Maybe the circle could be used to mean "protection" but inside it should remind us that they are fragile like forms with thin lines.

Your thoughts ?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 26, 2012, 7:02:39 AM
I voted for A, since it is a mixture of a sphere, which fits the round sophon ships so far, and a damn rohrschach test. smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 26, 2012, 7:42:27 AM
I have to agree with VieuxChat, this bunch of logos is not very inspired. I choose B, as the two others are very ugly imo smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 26, 2012, 8:24:20 AM
Smight wrote:
logo C is giving me the fingersmiley: wink

hahaha smiley: biggrin I looked at it again and it's true, it really is giving us the finger smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 26, 2012, 8:29:20 AM
Smight wrote:
logo C is giving me the fingersmiley: wink

That's what I thought when I first saw it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 26, 2012, 8:42:38 AM
Something about logo A really jumped out at me, though I think we might be over-analyzing these logos.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 26, 2012, 11:12:35 AM
I liked B the most. C was just plain phalic and A appeared too... cluttered for such a race of perfectionsists smiley: smile

Btw, the B symbol looks very much like a head and collar for the species. have the Devs sneaked in a picture of the Sophon race here? very Psilon/ grey-like (as I expected).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 26, 2012, 12:19:23 PM
Sharidann wrote:
B: reminds me of a rasta fan with a big Beats by Dr.Dre Headset. smiley: smile

Now that you mention it... =D
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment