Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Strategic resources requirement for weapons

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:14:50 PM
I need titanium to build ion torpedoes (the first missiles) then the next upgrade doesn't need titanium O_o.

I was able to build the level 2 torpedoes (without having titanium).

Is it intended ? All subsequent upgrades should still require something. But I'd like to still be able to build lesser version if I don't have access to some strategic resource.

It's painful to not being able to build missiles at all if you don't have the right thing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:16:46 PM
Yeah I agree, I had a game with no titanium and it ended badly and early. Hope this was a small mixup/oversight
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:17:43 PM
But it seems you just have to research the next upgrade that doesn't require anything -__-
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:39:21 PM
Personally I like having resource requirements for various weapons, but they do have to be balanced carefully so missing out on a resource is a disadvantage, but not a crippling one. Missing a resource to me should ideally limit your options, but without making you significantly less powerful overall.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:46:31 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
But it seems you just have to research the next upgrade that doesn't require anything -__-

Yeah, exactly...that's why I am hoping it is just a bit of a mix-up.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:51:42 PM
If an item requires a specialized item, it should be lower in weight, with equal power, I think.

So, basically, having the bonus helps, but it doesn't overpower much, so you get a nice little boost for having Strategic resources.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:54:55 PM
No. The weapon with the requirement is worse than those with no requirement. So, I think that devs just forgot to add the requirements on the future upgrades.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:57:54 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
No. The weapon with the requirement is worse than those with no requirement. So, I think that devs just forgot to add the requirements on the future upgrades.

Or it could be intended that the only advantage of having Titanium is being able to deploy missiles sooner than other players. Whatever approach they choose hopefully it will be balanced.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:58:20 PM
Imper1um wrote:
If an item requires a specialized item, it should be lower in weight, with equal power, I think.

So, basically, having the bonus helps, but it doesn't overpower much, so you get a nice little boost for having Strategic resources.

That is similar to what I was thinking, I hope they implement something like that. Not being able to build a researched weapon is kind of bad for balance when there is so few options.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment