Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Copyright Infringement?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 11:43:04 PM
I saw something while trying to research the game and went poking through your picture gallery. I saw this:

On the far right... that looks ODDLY familiar to:

Could that be a problem? Haha.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 11:53:28 PM
Primus wrote:
I saw something while trying to research the game and went poking through your picture gallery. I saw this:

On the far right... that looks ODDLY familiar to:

Could that be a problem? Haha.

That's exactly what i thought when i saw that technology. In fact i think there are two icons that look very similar to the little android guy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:04:31 AM
It's just a generic cartoony looking robot. I'm sure simiilar images have been used in the past. Also the robot in the research is clearly sitting down, or has wheels. Even if it was an android reference I highly doubt there would be a problem. There's plenty of games out there with reference to other games that aren't necessarily by the same devs, or pop culture. Since it's not being used as a logo for the game I'm pretty sure it would fall under "fair use".
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:08:59 AM
valmarus wrote:
It's just a generic cartoony looking robot. I'm sure simiilar images have been used in the past. Also the robot in the research is clearly sitting down, or has wheels. Even if it was an android reference I highly doubt there would be a problem. There's plenty of games out there with reference to other games that aren't necessarily by the same devs, or pop culture. Since it's not being used as a logo for the game I'm pretty sure it would fall under "fair use".

Well sometimes is better to be "safe than sorry" especially with a new company.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:20:36 AM
As an image it isn't simillar enough to have copyright issues. Plus, if anything they'll get a written warning to remove it from the game before any other form of legal action in which case it should be easy enough to change. I really don't think it's worth worrying over.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:37:54 AM
valmarus wrote:
As an image it isn't simillar enough to have copyright issues. Plus, if anything they'll get a written warning to remove it from the game before any other form of legal action in which case it should be easy enough to change. I really don't think it's worth worrying over.

Probably not, but copyright trolls are trolls.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment