Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Heavy Diplomacy/AI issues and bugs

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 6:49:31 PM
So... the main issue would be AI expansion rate and influence radius. Impossible to keep up with even on low difficulties.

I have no idea what/how influence grows out to be like this.

In a huge galaxy with slow game speed at round ~150-200 im already pushed into a corner with the AI ruling over everything it can get through, which brings us to the second issue: Diplomacy.

So like... Most of the diplomatic options are off unless you do extensive research on it, but even if you do, you cant influence any other races positively.

In any other game if you made any sort of tribute, you would get the other side to think more positive of you, accept your deal easier.

Here, you offer a deal, the spec says it will be accepted 100% and when you press accept, you get error messages of XY sort like you are not military strong enough, your disposition is too low (which you coincidentally cant influence positively in any way) and so on.

I know its a bit off, but i can compare only to Masters of Orion 2 when i say that the game has issues in research, diplomacy and general game speed area.

You know in MoO2 it was a massive effort to research colonization methods in the first place, and then set up defenses around it... battle station orbiting, ground defenses, missile silos ground batteries, the stellar converter.... conquering the galaxy in a slow but steady peace.

I love the way Endless Space looks and i hope that it will get the necessary game depth till release.

Otherwise it would be a waste of effort that would brake my heart.

This is the first game in the TBS genre that got me going once again, please invest more thoughts in it, even if that means that it will come a bit later.

Oh and if you didnt, then play MoO2 for ideas. It has everything this game needs.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 6:55:07 PM
The same has happened to me between turn 150 and 180 the AI declared war after I attacked a bunch of pirates. Now my entire fleets are destroyed despite being on easy mode. smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 7:10:36 PM
Just going to chime in and say there's an improvement you can build on planets that increases their influence area.. as for diplomacy i haven;t had much experience with that myself yet since the game i played so far i was pretty much separated from everybody else by a single wormhole so my experience with diplomacy currently is limited.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 7:19:47 PM
I must agree that the restrictions on diplomacy through research is a little strange. I mean how hard is it really to go "why don't we all just get along~". Ok yes diplomacy isn't that simple, but that's represented through attitude/stance, whether deals will be accepted, etc. It takes half a brain to simply ask the question.

Now I can understand having to do research to understand the languages of each individual species and that would make more sense than researching diplomatic options. However they should be low level techs with maybe one prequisite, then maybe a tech to add some sort of diplomacy to that race. Say~ Xenolinguistics > [race] language > [race] customs
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:01:31 PM
valmarus wrote:
I must agree that the restrictions on diplomacy through research is a little strange. I mean how hard is it really to go "why don't we all just get along~". Ok yes diplomacy isn't that simple, but that's represented through attitude/stance, whether deals will be accepted, etc. It takes half a brain to simply ask the question.

Now I can understand having to do research to understand the languages of each individual species and that would make more sense than researching diplomatic options. However they should be low level techs with maybe one prequisite, then maybe a tech to add some sort of diplomacy to that race. Say~ Xenolinguistics > [race] language > [race] customs
Well, im guessing diplomacy is still off in the alpha. I would say the ready state is roughly 40%

But it needs attention for sure.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:32:51 PM
Diplomacy could be better. My first game i was focusing on economy and could do anything with diplomacy sadly enough.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 9:18:18 PM
Well, im guessing diplomacy is still off in the alpha.

No, diplomacy is implimented as far as I can tell. The AI has offered me diplomatic proposals in the past. It just requires research for the player to open various diplomacy options. I am now capable, of making proposals (though they have always been rejected so far, due to military might or something like that).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 10:10:05 PM
I have no difficulty, at all, with AI expension rate & influence radius in normal difficulty. However the diplomacy, as you said its kinda messed up for now.

The AI will hate you if two of your systems are linked. But its the only way to open commercial routes. So after 100 turns of peace with my neigboor I colonized a systeme to have a direct link with him: -50 relation for "tensed frontiers" and he declares war 30 turn later, WTF ? I just wanted to do business with him...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 10:53:40 PM
Zor wrote:
The AI will hate you if two of your systems are linked. But its the only way to open commercial routes. So after 100 turns of peace with my neigboor I colonized a systeme to have a direct link with him: -50 relation for "tensed frontiers" and he declares war 30 turn later, WTF ? I just wanted to do business with him...

Even in the business world there's hostile takeovers smiley: biggrin lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:01:47 AM
Last i heard from the devs the AI has already been improved. So most of the diplomacy and consistency problems should be fixed soon.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 4:43:43 AM
I dont htink diplomacy for the AI is active, i give them money or what not and then they get more suspicious of me, kinda weird givn resources and stuff should make them happy instead it made them hate me more.

Obviously the Diplomacy is either not active or needs massive work done.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 6:07:10 AM
I find diplomacy a bit wonky.

To counter the expansion of other races I have dedicated a system to ship production and I spam the hell out of the offending race or races. I work at keeping the ships at the highest power I can, always retro fitting to keep existing fleets up to par. I find if you are not pressuring them they will be pressuring you, there is no live and let live. Also if you can exert enough force on the races they will be spending dust to build ships and send them to you one at a time as you invade their planets, which makes for an easy kill and a way to starve them of resources through attrition.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 8:27:28 AM
Wyseman76 wrote:
I find diplomacy a bit wonky.

To counter the expansion of other races I have dedicated a system to ship production and I spam the hell out of the offending race or races. I work at keeping the ships at the highest power I can, always retro fitting to keep existing fleets up to par. I find if you are not pressuring them they will be pressuring you, there is no live and let live. Also if you can exert enough force on the races they will be spending dust to build ships and send them to you one at a time as you invade their planets, which makes for an easy kill and a way to starve them of resources through attrition.
Yeah, but this also takes every meaning of diplomacy.

The moment two of your systems connect, they come at you with everything they have? What?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:02:06 AM
valmarus wrote:

It's not just a matter of "Should we ally ?". Languages are a hard barrier.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:26:31 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
It's not just a matter of "Should we ally ?". Languages are a hard barrier.
Indeed, still not as much of a hard barrier as declaring war on you the moment two of your systems link
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment