Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Starting planet/more races

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 11:28:55 PM
One thing i would love to see is ALOT more races. More specifically at least one race per type of planet.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 11:33:21 PM
The devs have stated that there will be 3 more playable species at release, so... I guess that's something.

In line with your suggestion, but sidetracking a bit, I think that different species should be affected differently by different planets. What I mean by that is even though some species have different starting worlds, they're all given the same 'happiness' penalty. The bug people whose name I forget, for instance, start on Arid worlds, but still get a -5 Happiness modifier when colonizing such planets, while not getting any penalties for Terran, Jungle or Ocean worlds. I think that should be looked at.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 11:40:45 PM
I think what the OP is interested in (and I would like as well) is an option to have a race whose 'perfect' planet is not terran. So you have a silicone race that loves lava planets (and has trouble researching the tech for ice planets), and a fish race that loves water planets (and has restrictions about lava planets) and so on and so forth.

It'd be really interesting if the computer could choose the type of races you are fighting on the age of the galaxy. (Really young galaxy with lots of lava planets? Helooo silicone races.)
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 12:11:22 AM
I think more NPC races would be good. That would give the game a bit more variety. i.e races that aren't capable of space travel that you could choose to either help, enslave or destroy. these races cannot fight back and could impact the game around you like other races view of you or if you choose to enslave or help the planet it could later aid you in your conquest. Just an idea however and maybe thats already going to happen :3
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 12:27:30 AM
Samalander wrote:
I think what the OP is interested in (and I would like as well) is an option to have a race whose 'perfect' planet is not terran. So you have a silicone race that loves lava planets (and has trouble researching the tech for ice planets), and a fish race that loves water planets (and has restrictions about lava planets) and so on and so forth.

It'd be really interesting if the computer could choose the type of races you are fighting on the age of the galaxy. (Really young galaxy with lots of lava planets? Helooo silicone races.)

This is actually EXACTLY what i had in mind when i was thinking about this. I would LOVE to have it in depth enough that my lava people have ocean planets. Also i like the idea of colonizing research costing more for certain planets. Obviously it would be easier for my lava race to colonize a hot barren planet then a cold arctic planet. And yes i keep saying my lava race because that's what i want!

Also i would like to see some NPC only races. Small ones that have little impact on the grand scheme of things but might add small bonuses. Say some small race only on one planet has a specific research unavailable to everyone else, and they really have to like you to give it to you.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment