Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Star System Design

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 2:48:17 PM
Why is it that when you zoom into a star system. You cant see the planets orbit around the star?.

Why not make it so that when you zoom close to a star system you get to see all the planet and star spinning with their orbits, distance from the star. And then have the Overview over the star system at the top, left, right or buttom. Or being able to switch between the old overview or the star system view. I just think it would be cool.

In this 4x game that is also being made they made just that.

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 2:57:50 PM
+1

This kind of feature is great for immersion purpose.

What I have in mind is a screen where we could see our planets orbiting, with trade shuttle traveling between our space base , and other stuff illustrating our system improvment like system defense station, etc.. it would be awesome! Alas, the way the system screen is already designed, I fear that such feature would be difficult to integrate...

But maybe I am wrong and in fact it is already planned for a futur more polished build? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 7:02:22 PM
+1

A thousand times yes. I have my fingers crossed that this is already planned and it's only like it is now because it's in alpha.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 7:19:51 PM
I was thinking the same thing, it's pretty bland looking right now.

However utilitarian wise it's great. It's very easy to navigate, to see what each planets' output and exploitation is, and what potential anomalies there are to clear out.

It's hard to argue against how easy to use the system view is, but damn even MOO3s' system view looked prettier.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 7:20:20 PM
As nice as it would be i think it would be too much work for the devs. If it isn't something that was already planned then it would have to be done from scratch and that would be lots of work.

Might get lucky though. Just don't get too hopeful because you don't want to be disappointed too much if they decide it isn't feasible.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 7:53:21 PM
I think that are other priorities than this one, like combat and balance, but yes, it would be cool.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment