Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Games2gether Faction Logo Voting

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 5:49:40 PM
Since there have now been 3 sets of faction logos voted on I've noticed and been expecting the trend of voting to favour symmetrical logos. I mean this was always going to happen because to the majority of people symmetry is far more appealing and comfortable than asymmetrical shapes.

The reason I'm bringing this up is that I'm hoping one or more asymmetrical logo will make it into the game regardless of voting to make the differences between the logos much more defined. Hissho faction logo A in particular was very good and I felt it had a much stronger Predatory and Avian feel to it than the current winner.

As far as other races go I think it makes sense to have a mix in the game seeing as a race like the Cravers would presumably care much less about symmetry when taking a logo compared to a race like the Horatio (Then again Horatio ships are pretty crazy so maybe it's the other way around).

I'm curious what do people think about this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 5:52:25 PM
Vorkash wrote:
Since there have now been 3 sets of faction logos voted on I've noticed and been expecting the trend of voting to favour symmetrical logos. I mean this was always going to happen because to the majority of people symmetry is far more appealing and comfortable than asymmetrical shapes.

The reason I'm bringing this up is that I'm hoping one or more asymmetrical logo will make it into the game regardless of voting to make the differences between the logos much more defined. Hissho faction logo A in particular was very good and I felt it had a much stronger Predatory and Avian feel to it than the current winner.

As far as other races go I think it makes sense to have a mix in the game seeing as a race like the Cravers would presumably care much less about symmetry when taking a logo compared to a race like the Horatio.

I'm curious what do people think about this.

I'm also worried that the logos will not best fit the races because I don't think he community has enough of the universes lore to make those aesthetic decisions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 5:52:26 PM
I, too, thought the A logo would have been a better representation of the hissho. For the same reasons as you.

ArrowLance wrote:
I'm also worried that the logos will not best fit the races because I don't think he community has enough of the universes lore to make those aesthetic decisions.

There's the huge thread about each factions and the lore of the endless.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 5:53:47 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
I, too, thought the A logo would have been a better representation of the hissho. For the same reasons as you.
I preferred C since it seemed less cluttered.

I've went through the available lore I could find and it really feels uncertain.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 7:38:32 PM
I also thought A was the best logo. That is the problem if you let people vote, just look at the pirate medium ship from the same vote. It's a good design, but the least original, chaotic, creative, pirate-like, with some generic spikes and the slim part in the front and the big part in the back. Democracy in art means settling with the least innovative.

I hope there'll be a digital artbook for those who preordered with all the designs we've voted on, even those that didn't win. Would be sad if those great designs just went astray...

/edit: btw as far as I have seen Logo A actually had more points than Logo B, I made a thread about it here.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment