Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Home planets

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 10:27:56 PM
Ok, I raised this in a previous post but I don't think it came through. I've also looked for this problem but couldn't find it:

Why do insects whose home planet is arid get angry when they live on an arid planet? They even experience negative happiness on their home planet! This doesn't really make sense. Shouldn't they prefer arid planets and dislike cold ones more?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 10:37:26 PM
hmmm, i personally believe that a species is a product of its environment, which is why we don't like a planet that isn't identical to our own. If we removed species from their natural habitat and placed them into a foreign (albeit more fruitful) habitat they wouldn't feel at ease. The FIDS would change but the system approval needn't be affected.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 10:41:15 PM
Yeah but these guys want to eat stuff and thats all they think of, and there is not as much to eat on an arid planet as a terran planet. So the common sense you just said there wont apply to this race
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 10:44:53 PM
I understand your point, in which case happiness altogether is a pointless resource for the cravers, surely their happiness should be based o nthe food score?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 10:46:53 PM
Yeah I guess, they eat all plant and animals, and I am pretty sure you would find that more on terran and jungles and oceans which would make them more happy there
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 11:52:31 PM
I kinda agree with you, but still... A race from an arid planet should have adopted to it and should be most happy there. It makes not a lot of sense to me otherwise. There should be more than just food for them to be happy about...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 12:10:23 AM
I agree completely, was gonna make this suggestion myself. The insect species would have other needs and living conditions. Therefore the cravers should be happiest on Arid but also better suited for dessert and lava than others. But on the other hand maybe less suited for terran, ocean and such. Not much would have to change. In the tech tree you'd only have to change place on terran transformation and arid transformation etc.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 4:01:57 PM
I was thinking of this the other day, and it makes perfect sense to me that the home planet would be the preferred environment, with a shifted happiness sweet spot, and maybe even altered FIDS per population to go along with this.

The Avian Hissho could have an irrational dislike of Ocean planets. The Horatio lean towards warmer climates. The Sophon could then lean to colder climates.

All it would really need is a slight shift in the happiness scales for different races, so that whilst a race might still not be too happy in a Desert, they're much happier than if they were on a ball of ice.

Has this thread been linked to in the Suggestions Discussion thread? If not, I'll do that. I'd love to see this be implemented.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment