Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Ingame Music

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 1:13:31 AM
Since there is no real suggestion thread in the Games2Gether forum I'll open one up here, for discussions, ideas and praise. The point is to offer the devs some player perspectives on music, not to rant about dubstep, praising the yet very few tracks in the game to the heavens or complaining about how everything’s bad, so please try to keep it at simple constructive input.

As for me, I first have to give a little praise, the main menu track is pure bliss and fits the atmosphere nicely, I would change nothing here at all.

The ingame music played during the turns is pretty good but I personally think a bit of variation couldn't harm as I'm about absolutely sure that everyone’s going to prepare slightly different main music. Space Empires 5 did a good job at that in my opinion because the variation between the tracks was big enough to have something for nearly everyone, and the personally undesired tracks could just be removed from the player.

As for the combat music, I'm completely missing variation. The current combat track is pretty cool, and the fact it goes along with the different phases is a really strong point. But as said, every time listening to the same track is a bit tiring during combat, and it doesn't fit the atmosphere for later and harder battles as well. There's got to be at least 1 or at best a few more tracks which sound more hostile and dangerous (again referencing SE5, the 4th combat theme was pretty good in my opinion) to really get that feeling of a space fight.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 1:25:52 AM
Do you know that this is still alpha?

Say thank to developers there is music at all smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 1:33:18 AM
AgnusDei wrote:
Do you know that this is still alpha?

Say thank to developers there is music at all smiley: smile

Well I obviously know it's still in the alpha, I wouldn't make suggestions for music in the beta or the release I guess, due to the music likely being mostly finished by then.

And as you can see in my post I do like the music so far, the point is simply to offer additional perspectives, what the devs do with them is up to them, and them alone.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 4:07:13 AM
Actually if anything I'd love for the in game music to be closer to the title screen. As much as I love good spacy techno there was just something special about that orchestral piece in the beginning that I think fits the game much better.

Just my two cents, all around everything's lovely. Doubly so for an alpha.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 4:42:50 AM
If I could just get an extended version of the Trailer music playing....oh man. That would be so great.

Though, like the post above me, everything's great so far, and the fact that it's still in alpha makes it all the more impressive.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 12:36:38 PM
KNC wrote:
Since there is no real suggestion thread in the Games2Gether forum I'll open one up here, for discussions, ideas and praise. The point is to offer the devs some player perspectives on music, not to rant about dubstep, praising the yet very few tracks in the game to the heavens or complaining about how everything’s bad, so please try to keep it at simple constructive input.

As for me, I first have to give a little praise, the main menu track is pure bliss and fits the atmosphere nicely, I would change nothing here at all.

The ingame music played during the turns is pretty good but I personally think a bit of variation couldn't harm as I'm about absolutely sure that everyone’s going to prepare slightly different main music. Space Empires 5 did a good job at that in my opinion because the variation between the tracks was big enough to have something for nearly everyone, and the personally undesired tracks could just be removed from the player.

As for the combat music, I'm completely missing variation. The current combat track is pretty cool, and the fact it goes along with the different phases is a really strong point. But as said, every time listening to the same track is a bit tiring during combat, and it doesn't fit the atmosphere for later and harder battles as well. There's got to be at least 1 or at best a few more tracks which sound more hostile and dangerous (again referencing SE5, the 4th combat theme was pretty good in my opinion) to really get that feeling of a space fight.

This has been added to summary list under Misc > Ingame Music Variation
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment