Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Insane Momentum - The Hissho

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 5:27:17 AM
As the title suggests, the Hissho can get somewhat overpowered thanks to the tech that gives -10% production cost per planet taken for 15 turns (it stacks). As you can see in the screenie (which is on serious difficulty) I have fleets in tons of systems, each invading system has at least 2 fleets (usually five though) of 15, with a total of 514 ships active (and other 50 something hangared [mydefensivefleets]). Considering every two or three turns I am taking a system the bushido bonus is getting out of hand (especially when combined with the system development that decreases ship cost by -20%).

Note: Only had four systems building ships, the rest were working on sci or developments. My largest production system was only making 998 production (which isn't all that much really), but when a fully ladden destroyer costs ~45 prod and a Aegis Battleship ~200, you can pump out a lot of ships.

I know the game is still in alpha and hence balance hasn't been given all that much attention, but I figured I may as well bring this to light. Essentially the problem is once that Hissho start getting momentum they ship production rate gets out of control. Personal recommendation is to limit the bushido stack to 3.

Although I have to say it is damn fun smashing two teams simultaneously on serious ;-)

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 5:40:27 AM
Personnaly that's why I love Hissho! It is is so fun to crush your ennemies under a huge amount of fleet. But as you said it is definitely a balance problem. Because playing against them is just a plague on that difficulty
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 3:26:24 PM
I was thinking the same thing, i was even going to post a thread about it but then i found this one, My suggestion would be lower the bonus given to like 2% per battle(and make a cap), or make it where the effect only lasts 15 turns with out any renewal, just after 15 turns it ends and only one effect can be applied per turn.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 8:32:06 PM
Does this stack if you repeatedly swap a planet back & forth with an AI?

Because the current AI loves to take back planets ~ but if you keep your forces away from them, it'll only take back the planet, never reinforce it. This means a planet can be swapped every other turn.

So, if that stacks ~ welcome to exploitville! (off to try it now).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 9:29:53 PM
Are you sure it can swap every other turn? If I conquer a planet for the first time, and then lose it after a turn, I am pretty sure it has most of its strength back, and it takes me more than one turn to conquer again. Let us know if you find an exploit out of this. (BTW if so, please post to my list of all exploits thread: http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/showthread.php?2779-exploit-summary-of-known-exploits )
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 9:39:35 PM
What would be interesting is a negative effect the 15 turns after the positive effect stops. So if you're able to stop the steamrolling, you'll have a small window where the hissho will be crippled.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 10:09:02 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
What would be interesting is a negative effect the 15 turns after the positive effect stops. So if you're able to stop the steamrolling, you'll have a small window where the hissho will be crippled.

i don't know, i don't like games mechanics that punish players for doing good.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 10:44:02 PM
fixou wrote:
i don't know, i don't like games mechanics that punish players for doing good.

Agreed. Punishing players for doing good is not a good practice, and may eventually lead to the alienating of a part of the playerbase. Implementing clever ways to diminish the effects of the Hissho momentum without crippling the player, however, would be a much better way of resolving things.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 11:41:33 PM
Why not just remove the stacking limit, and have the boni's duration reset for every planet taken? -10% production is already quite good, so that should spur Hissho players to keep conquering, but they won't feel as if they've lost a huge advantage if the bonus is stalled... And players opposing them won't weep tears of blood as huge fleets materialize ex nihilo, wahaha!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment