Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] More Treaty Options

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 7:38:24 PM
So if a race is neutral with me, say, +2 I can't offer a peace treaty, as my relationship isn't high enough.

But there's no way (or at least, no explained way) of how to raise that value. You certainly can't trade the empire dust or tech in order to improve relations.

Then, stealing a card from Space Empires IV, what about Subjugation and Protectorate treaties? I'm not sure if ES has room for them, but essentially the dominant empire is receiving a massive economic boost from the submissive empire in exchange for Not Beating The Everliving Daylight out of the weaker empire.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 8:05:42 PM
Zakor wrote:
But I like your idea of subjugation and protectorate.

I never used them in SE4, but they seemed appropriate. SE4's AIs never offered them to you, and it took a sever beating to get an AI to accept one (you had to have 6 or 8 times their score, modified by some relationship values).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 8:12:34 PM
Draco18s wrote:
SE4's AIs never offered them to you, and it took a sever beating to get an AI to accept one (you had to have 6 or 8 times their score, modified by some relationship values).

I only played SE5 but I had this problem too. Then the AI needs to be improved smiley: ohh That's a hard job (maybe the hardest ?) but anyway they'll have to do it, especially about the diplomatic.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 8:20:14 PM
Zakor wrote:
I only played SE5 but I had this problem too. Then the AI needs to be improved smiley: ohh That's a hard job (maybe the hardest ?) but anyway they'll have to do it, especially about the diplomatic.

I had issues with SE5 when I tried to play it, the graphics would mess up. :\

But yes, the AI is the hardest thing to make.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment