Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Faction Creation Contest

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 12:55:01 PM
Sorry if you asked this question before but when will the winners be announced? What will be the prizes?

Im checking 3 times a day since you closed it smiley: biggrin

Thank you smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 1:48:42 PM
I have to admit that I didn't find the time to read the submissions yet: the 124 pages Word document kind of scares me... smiley: biggrin But I will do it eventually! Besides, SlowHands and Skamaks will help!

As for the prize, I don't think we settled on something yet (unless they agreed on something without telling me!): the winner could be chosen via a G2G vote, and then have his faction implemented in the game for instance. Also, if you have an interesting idea on how we should handle this, feel free to post it. smiley: smile

I hope this answers your question for now. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 1:51:55 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
I have to admit that I didn't find the time to read the submissions yet: the 124 pages Word document kind of scares me... smiley: biggrin But I will do it eventually! Besides, SlowHands and Skamaks will help!

As for the prize, I don't think we settled on something yet (unless they agreed on something without telling me!): the winner could be chosen via a G2G vote, and then have his faction implemented in the game for instance. Also, if you have an interesting idea on how we should handle this, feel free to post it. smiley: smile

I hope this answers your question for now. smiley: biggrin

By the way, do the winners of previous hero creation competitions get some award for it in the forum? *tries to look innocent while asking this question*

Anyways, it might be really interesting for the users to get some kind of "making of: How the devs battled 124 word pages, 300 revived (with less budget)" or such. At least it would be interesting for me. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 1:57:47 PM
Does that mean you are thinking about a community race? smiley: biggrin that would be great!

Otherwise you could also add some G2G points for the winners of future competitions. Or better: The first place gets his race added in the game, the second gets 500G2G points and the third...100g2G points?

Thank you for the fast reply smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 1:58:46 PM
Instead of one winner chosen with G2G vote, it could be 3 winners with the first to be implement chosen with G2G vote smiley: smile

More factions there are with their style in the game, better it can be.

The advantages the factions created by the devs have are the ships design, the heroes design (so the prople design in fact) and the special affinity trait.

More winners would say more choices and chances for later custom races to have what is close to the imagination of their player-creator.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 2:01:37 PM
Or maybe the last places get a example picture for custum races? :O
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 2:51:06 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
By the way, do the winners of previous hero creation competitions get some award for it in the forum? *tries to look innocent while asking this question*

Anyways, it might be really interesting for the users to get some kind of "making of: How the devs battled 124 word pages, 300 revived (with less budget)" or such. At least it would be interesting for me. smiley: stickouttongue

We keep track of the previous competitions and their winners of course, don't worry.

Wotan wrote:
Does that mean you are thinking about a community race? smiley: biggrin that would be great!

Otherwise you could also add some G2G points for the winners of future competitions. Or better: The first place gets his race added in the game, the second gets 500G2G points and the third...100g2G points?

Thank you for the fast reply smiley: smile

Kein Problem! I randomly saw your thread on the top of the sub-forum. But yeah, G2G points could be an idea indeed. We were thinking about new ways for the community to get them, so they have more impact on the G2G votes.

Cadoras wrote:
The last place eats yellow snow. Classic.

Gross. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 3:23:11 PM
The Kein problem made my day smiley: ohh

Great if i helped you. So youre definetely planning more than 8 races? Or are the 3 free places for community races :rolleyes:

Questions, questions, questions smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 3:27:34 PM
Wotan wrote:
The Kein problem made my day smiley: ohh

Haha, I have a very limited German.

Wotan wrote:
Great if i helped you. So youre definetely planning more than 8 races? Or are the 3 free places for community races :rolleyes:

Questions, questions, questions smiley: smile

Nah, we didn't decide anything yet. I'm so scared to say things that might be misinterpreted now! Like I said, we did not decide yet. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 3:35:00 PM
Viva la amplitude! (or so smiley: biggrin )

Look at novacore. They are developing the game "Legends of Pegasus". Only a few months are left to the release and we dont know anything yet :/ ok they give us two videos but thats all. You partially give us the ability to create the game. AND you give us an open alpha smiley: wink

Now ill cancel my "fanboying" smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 9:12:15 AM
Wotan wrote:
Viva la amplitude! (or so smiley: biggrin )

Look at novacore. They are developing the game "Legends of Pegasus". Only a few months are left to the release and we dont know anything yet :/ ok they give us two videos but thats all. You partially give us the ability to create the game. AND you give us an open alpha smiley: wink

Now ill cancel my "fanboying" smiley: biggrin

This is an very big advatage of ES i think. ES will have a big community on its launch.

But LOP will start on release by zero.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment