Does the System View Need Changing?

Love it. Leave it alone.
Meh. Change it if you want.
Hate it. Please make this a priority.
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 5:17:36 PM
Nothing like beating a dead horse... but seriously, how many people are bothered by this? From what I've seen here and in several reviews, this is annoying a lot of people. I know it's been asked for but do the devs know how many people want this? Hell, do we even know? smiley: smile

If there's another poll like this and I missed it, I apologize in advance.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 5:37:20 PM
It used to bother me, but it grew on me and now I don't notice it.

so, meh.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 9:30:13 PM
If as a temp fix they could make it require a key press/toggle to activate the movement that would be great.

I think the reason it's there is so that planets with big anomalies can be angled to clearly show their population from behind the graphic, but 99% of the time it's just annoying.

I voted that I hate it and to make it a priority, although strong dislike and a "please change" would be more accurate.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 12:05:54 AM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
I don't understand what is wrong with it.

Me neither, maybe OP will describe more detail what bothers him/her? smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 5:40:05 AM
In short, all the planets and text move when the mouse is moved. It drives me nuts.

Why would you move the "target" once the user has "aimed"? You'd never see a web page move a button or link you want to click on, you'd never see a folder on the desktop move when you go to open on it... They didn't do it on the colonize screen and it's essentially the same thing. I just don't see how this is an improvement. How does this help the user?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 7:08:46 AM
My own list would be:

-Make notice in system viev or even in galaxy viev that there is an anomaly that can be removed. At least make it similar to the "no planetary exploitation". It is a little bit annoying to have to go thrugh all of your system searching on the planetery basis if you can remove some anomalies.

-When there are improvemets with fids bonus to specific types of planet, the game could show(by color coding for example) what planets types that benefit are present in the system. Not a huge deal, but can speed up the vieving a little bit.

-allow an option to build exploitations, colonisation,moon survays and cutting anomalies from system viev, without having to zoom in to planet.

-allow to que the plantary explitation right way, when you click colonisation, so you do not have to return to system again next turn.

same thing for terraforming, eithe please allow us to terraform straightly to planet type we want, and factor terraforming steps in cost, or allow us to que multimple steps of terraforming at once, so you could go let`s say Lava->arctic->tundra->ocean without having to return to planet and que up terraformation 4 times.

This may not be an issue on small maps, but on medium and biger maps when you have to use multiple steps, it get`s annoying to que up every step of terraforming, especially when you want to go from arctic to ocean, thrugh tundra, since the science exploitation doesn`t give bonuses to tundra, you may want to go directly from arctic to ocean, which has an annoying step of having to first que up tundra terraformation, and then return to que up the ocean terraformation.

-please add rally-point for fleets, or at least an option to automatically deploy ships so you didn`t have to manually pull ships out of hangar, before moving them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 7:34:30 PM
1alexey wrote:

-allow an option to build exploitations, colonisation,moon survays and cutting anomalies from system viev, without having to zoom in to planet.

-allow to que the plantary explitation right way, when you click colonisation, so you do not have to return to system again next turn.

same thing for terraforming, eithe please allow us to terraform straightly to planet type we want, and factor terraforming steps in cost, or allow us to que multimple steps of terraforming at once, so you could go let`s say Lava->arctic->tundra->ocean without having to return to planet and que up terraformation 4 times.

I would agree only on these two proposals only, as these are the things I was thinking during the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 12, 2012, 4:11:53 PM
Stippy wrote:
In short, all the planets and text move when the mouse is moved. It drives me nuts.

I agree. This aspect of the UI does bother me.

I also think one of the mods that color-codes the data in the planetary screen should be rolled into the base game.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 12, 2012, 4:42:39 PM
PeterSmith wrote:
I agree. This aspect of the UI does bother me.

I also think one of the mods that color-codes the data in the planetary screen should be rolled into the base game.

Definitely.

Until the wobbly system issue is fixed though, I'm just going to pretend manually moving population between planets doesn't work because doing so is like changing a lightbulb while balancing on a space hopper.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 12, 2012, 6:40:08 PM
Yeah, either stop the silly moving around, or allow full 3D exploration of a system/planet while holding the right mouse button.

Also:

Give me a planet's FIDS PER POPULATION, not the total. That's a useless bit of information.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 13, 2012, 9:31:16 AM
Falc wrote:

Give me a planet's FIDS PER POPULATION, not the total. That's a useless bit of information.

If you click on a planet, then hover over its FIDS section, you can see a breakdown of its production.

I'd really love it if influence areas didn't disappear when you zoom all the way out. It's kind of frustrating only being able to see part of the galaxy influence at once.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment