Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Tactical System Improvements

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 9, 2013, 4:57:58 PM
This could be construed as a suggestion, but I actually wanted to discuss whether or not others felt the way I do about these.

By 'Tactical System Improvements', I am referring to system improvements that confer a military advantage in a given system. I can think of at least one that seems to boost ship health.

Now, I feel that these are good things to have; however, I would like to see the number of them/effect of them expanded and have them be employed in a strategic manner.

Right now, even the more expensive system improvements are relatively cheap on the upkeep. For even tactical improvements, you could afford to run them in most every system without problem (or at least I can..).

So my idea was: create more of them improvements, have them be able to really impact combat in a specific system, and then make them noticeably expensive. That way, players would have to give real thought to whether or not a system gets any given tactical improvement and these could then be used as part of a player's overall strategy. This could then add in to any added systems for Spying as well. An enemy spies on your system and realizes you have several tactical system improvements. So when attacking, he avoids that system; turning this into a sort of 'area denial' tool. It helps you control where the battles take place, as attacking you at that location would put the enemy fleet at a disadvantage.

I came to this because I would love to see different improvements for systems that alter or help in battles. However, if they are too cheap.. then they would just be spammed everywhere and become a total necessity; taking the emphasis too far away from ships.

I think that if they were reasonably expensive, then you would have to choose carefully where to use them for the best advantage.

For additional system improvements I was thinking of things like:

Flux Field Generator: Slows the movement speed of non-allied fleets (outside of combat).

Stellar Network: Detects cloaked ships (if cloaked ships were to be added).

Targeting Array: Allied ships (in combat) receive a +5% accuracy bonus.

Missile Defense Network: System receives additional defense against invasion. Nearby ships (in battle) receive a bonus to flak defenses.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 9, 2013, 5:21:58 PM
agree! It should be adapted do more of the improvements. The way it is right now, I can build almost all of the improvements on all of the planets. I never choose I just build everything!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 8:30:34 PM
I do think that most improvements should be affordable all over. But the combat oriented ones, I think, are justifiable to make more expensive.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 12, 2013, 12:57:21 AM
I have had no luck (That I can see) in creating these via modding.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment