Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

PLEASE No EXPANSION PACK but PATCH !!!!!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 27, 2012, 12:56:50 PM
Expansion pack divides community.

Your community is fragile for now.

Your servers crash, the game crashes.

Not more, than 12 games running on the servers usually.

Just finish your game so the players come back.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 27, 2012, 1:23:49 PM
Yes please fix the multiplayer issues now. Its so bad I have stopped playing this otherwise great game. The singleplayer AI is no challange so only multiplayer is fun. I was hoping to support this game by making a ladder with points so people would not leave games but finish them but as of now I see no point in this as the game is broken in multiplayer. Ships stops moving (not because of left shift), planets and population changes if you crash and rejoin (out of synch) the game suddenly crashes to desktop etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 27, 2012, 4:54:48 PM
There are issues to fix yes, and should be fixed for free.

But any additional game content from here should be charged for as is fair.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 27, 2012, 8:58:19 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
There are issues to fix yes, and should be fixed for free.

But any additional game content from here should be charged for as is fair.

I agree with minor charges for stuff to be added in future, but please let me stress the word "minor"; after all, Amplitude are getting feedback, criticism, testing, ideas etc from us for free, therefore it is only fair to expect low prices. We as a community are, after all, saving Amplitude a lot of money in this regard! But small charges would be acceptable...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 27, 2012, 9:35:24 PM
Well do you mean add-on or expansion?

Add-on: low price, or possible even none at all.

Expansion: medium price considering it requires the original game as well.

As I see it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 27, 2012, 10:30:03 PM
Did they say they were working on an xpac or something i mean just saying something by putting words in their mouth or did they actually say that?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 28, 2012, 7:03:10 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well do you mean add-on or expansion?

Add-on: low price, or possible even none at all.

Expansion: medium price considering it requires the original game as well.

As I see it.

I pretty much agree with you there. I figure small add-ons should be free, but a small charge could apply to larger add-ons and definitely to expansion packs, nothing wrong with that, I just don't want to be milked dry. It's all about balance.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 28, 2012, 4:08:54 PM
i ll buy all your xpac, cause i love this game, if issues are fixed before community died.

fair enough
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 28, 2012, 4:13:22 PM
I think the OP's primary concern is if we get an expansion players without the expansion won't be able to play with those that have it with regards to multiplayer.

I'd like to hope this isn't the case. I think the best way to push an expansion is on cosmetics and customisation driving the purchase, but everyone getting the core game changes. I'll give an example to hopefully explain what I mean.

If an expansion has a new race or two, and some new features or fixes. Buying the expansion should give the races, but everyone would get the features and fixes.

Hopefully this can be furthered by lateral development, so if a new hull or two are added, they aren't simply better but give more options, so players that don't have them aren't disadvantaged, just more limited with options.

Just some thoughts on the matter. This all said, I'm not sure how big of a driving force multiplayer is. I personally find the turn based long game time ideal for play while working or just leaving running all day long and doing a few turns here or there and don't find myself drawn to multiplayer like a moth to a flame the way I am in FPS/action games.

I do think accessibility is key on the current state of the games industry. People are a lot less willing to pay out if there are cheaper, newer or free alternatives to be had.

Honestly it could be possible to have a free trial giving a single race and limited settings, options, heroes etc as a free teaser, then sticking with accessibility in mind, let people buy access to individual races if they want a stepping stone to the full game.

Just some thoughts, sorry if I'm rambling >.>
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 12:31:09 AM
some more feedback from the makers and Im willing to support with small low-priced add-ons
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 1:11:19 AM
Xanoth wrote:
I think the OP's primary concern is if we get an expansion players without the expansion won't be able to play with those that have it with regards to multiplayer.

I'd make it in game so you can choose what version of the game to play when going into single or multi player.

So like:

Vanilla ES []

Expansion 1 []

Expansion 2 []

Have this show up next to the multiplayer games, displaying the people paying any version if the game, keeping the community together even if they don't all have the expansion in the lobby, that way people can decide to go and play a particular version of ES if there is a game for it.

I'd like to hope this isn't the case. I think the best way to push an expansion is on cosmetics and customisation driving the purchase, but everyone getting the core game changes. I'll give an example to hopefully explain what I mean.

I DO NOT WANT THIS TO BE A VALVE GAME, I came from the long ago age of westwood and bizzard expansion packs, these were fantastic games built on the old to improve the new and I find it a true shame that this trend had become sidestepped in favor of cosmetic addictions, and while cosmetics are fine I don't want them becoming the expansion of ES as they are not deserving of the title.

If an expansion has a new race or two, and some new features or fixes. Buying the expansion should give the races, but everyone would get the features and fixes.

Fixes I can agree with, but new content? Get on your horse sir!

Hopefully this can be furthered by lateral development, so if a new hull or two are added, they aren't simply better but give more options, so players that don't have them aren't disadvantaged, just more limited with options.

There is a thing called balance, this is 4X not some kind of free to play shoot em up! (Much better name then first person shooter in my opinion)

If a player has new hulls because of an expansion, then he won't be playing against players with them, if he plays their version, he uses that versions rules.

Just some thoughts on the matter. This all said, I'm not sure how big of a driving force multiplayer is. I personally find the turn based long game time ideal for play while working or just leaving running all day long and doing a few turns here or there and don't find myself drawn to multiplayer like a moth to a flame the way I am in FPS/action games.

4X is primarily a singe players market, ES is trying to keep the games pace sutable for multiplayer as to be balanced towards each side of the payer base, potentially weakening? possibly, but still a damn good effort at it.

I do think accessibility is key on the current state of the games industry. People are a lot less willing to pay out if there are cheaper, newer or free alternatives to be had.

ES has the luck of being in a less populated market, meaning most players of the game will be willing to pay for expansions because they will only have a few 4X space games on the go at any given time, and really ES is quite cheap in comparison to some games, so it's not a bad purchase.

Honestly it could be possible to have a free trial giving a single race and limited settings, options, heroes etc as a free teaser, then sticking with accessibility in mind, let people buy access to individual races if they want a stepping stone to the full game.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm no, I hate this idea more then using prestige to get a little logo and loosing all of my guns.

Most 4x Gamers will easily be able to judge this game for its metits, and as many gamers these days watch LPs of games they are interested in, the days of the playable demo are long gone.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 9:46:06 PM
n18991c wrote:
I agree with minor charges for stuff to be added in future, but please let me stress the word "minor"; after all, Amplitude are getting feedback, criticism, testing, ideas etc from us for free, therefore it is only fair to expect low prices. We as a community are, after all, saving Amplitude a lot of money in this regard! But small charges would be acceptable...

Sorry, but you mean like literally every forum ever? BioWare routinely puts out polls for feature requests, and Skyrim actually integrated several mods from Oblivion in to their core game for Skyrim.

Games2Gether is a fan service - not a developer aid. You shouldn't demand lower prices from it, you're doing none of the work. They're giving you precisely what is asked for though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 4:11:58 AM
Romeo wrote:
Sorry, but you mean like literally every forum ever? BioWare routinely puts out polls for feature requests, and Skyrim actually integrated several mods from Oblivion in to their core game for Skyrim.

Games2Gether is a fan service - not a developer aid. You shouldn't demand lower prices from it, you're doing none of the work. They're giving you precisely what is asked for though.

I'm going to have to agree it's pretty upfront about what G2G is and what it's about in no way are people being cheated.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment