Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

should the blockade be able to block Dust production?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 7:16:45 PM
for now if you're blockade the enemy or being blockade by enemy only Sci production is reduce to zero but not with Dust

i think Dust should be reduce to zero too since your fleet are orbit around planet and how did they can send Dust or send guy to Collect Dust?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 7:44:03 PM
While blockading does stop trade lines it could be said that dust collected by a system is used by the system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 11:58:22 PM
I'd prefer it that way. Honestly i'm kinda shocked at how little blockading and invading does to a systems output. I think it'd go a long way if something like 25-50% of the FIDS output for that system was no longer calculated, depending on the str of the invading fleet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 12, 2013, 12:50:10 PM
Fine if a blockade hurts a little more, but then it should also be impossible to block while the owner has a fleet in the system, or there should be some rule like blockading fleet power must be bigger than defending fleet power and system defence combined.

It really shouldn't be possible to block a well defended system, for some value of well defended.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 12, 2013, 1:08:54 PM
eBusiness wrote:
Fine if a blockade hurts a little more, but then it should also be impossible to block while the owner has a fleet in the system, or there should be some rule like blockading fleet power must be bigger than defending fleet power and system defence combined.

It really shouldn't be possible to block a well defended system, for some value of well defended.

You mean like when a exploration ship with an military value less than 30 blocakde a fully defended system...

I understand what you mean...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 12, 2013, 2:33:34 PM
sending frigs to rush the enemy systems ASAP to make sure they have no early game FIDS. on my way!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 13, 2013, 12:26:37 AM
Actually it might just be best if blockades could ramp up over time, to a maximum based on fleet str?

So if i send a single frigate to a system that's undefended, it won't do much at first, but given enough time it could become a major drop on that systems FIDS output.

If i send a massive fleet to blockade it could ramp up faster and higher.

I'd also like to see more severe FIDS penalties as invasions progress. It feels silly that you can pretty much just say "yeah well it's still 10 more turns before the inavsion is done, so i'll deal with it when it's got 4 left" and have such small consequences for that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 13, 2013, 12:36:37 PM
eBusiness wrote:

i though having fleet in system will prevent the blockade, turn out it's not. this need to be fix too, the blockade can only occur if no defense fleet present.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 13, 2013, 3:14:50 PM
FreedomFighterEx wrote:
i though having fleet in system will prevent the blockade, turn out it's not. this need to be fix too, the blockade can only occur if no defense fleet present.

Agreed +1 however once a blockade is started the invading fleet would need to be destroyed or forced to retreat before the blockade is lifted. This way you cant just keep launching scouts from a system every turn to break the blockade, especially if you want increasing eff of the blockade over time.

@eji1700

Why would a single ship cause "a major drop on systems FIDS"?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 14, 2013, 12:25:05 AM
treizoz wrote:
Agreed +1 however once a blockade is started the invading fleet would need to be destroyed or forced to retreat before the blockade is lifted. This way you cant just keep launching scouts from a system every turn to break the blockade, especially if you want increasing eff of the blockade over time.

@eji1700

Why would a single ship cause "a major drop on systems FIDS"?

I guess I explained poorly, but a single ship shouldn't, unless left alone for quite some time. And even then it should be relative to it's fleet strength. If it's a single top of the line heavily armed ship, it should be able to significantly impact the system. Especially over time. If it's a single scout, it probably shouldn't do much, if anything, even if left alone.

The idea though would be that you could design fast moving "raiding" frigates to harass enemy economy, and actually force them to defend their systems from things besides invasion fleets. Enough points to actually hamper economy over time, but small enough to be easy to crank out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 14, 2013, 7:31:47 AM
effects of blockade should be relevant to the amount of ships in orbit or combat strength, also i think that over time you should be able to start siphoning off some of the dust income from the planet the longer the blockade is in effect to represent capturing trade ships entering and leaving system and the fleet in system digging there teeth into the system the longer its there, but i think the effects should become more severe over time.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment