logo amplifiers simplified

G2G Option to Change your Vote

Yes this should be possible
No its fine as it is
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Feb 17, 2013, 11:44:49 PM
Good suggestion, but I'd limit the option for changing the vote. Maybe we can change it 1 oder 2 times, but not more often. smiley: smile

smiley: approval
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 26, 2013, 2:39:29 AM
Personally, I'd rather know what's going on, so no I would say don't hide it until the final results.

I agree I definitely want to continue to see the totals after voting (or ever before voting - other people's votes are not going to influence my own).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 11:34:08 AM
skamaks wrote:
Hi guys,

We'll look into having the option to cancel a vote. If we manage to do that, we would still keep that as something limited.

I'm not sure about hiding the score... for now it's hidden until you vote, you'd prefer us to keep that hidden until the final results?

No I would not prefer this as I enjoy picking the one I like and then seeing what others are thinking the same as me or not.

I’m in the boat to keep it the way it is. smiley: frown
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 10:56:39 AM
skamaks wrote:
Hi guys,

We'll look into having the option to cancel a vote. If we manage to do that, we would still keep that as something limited.

I'm not sure about hiding the score... for now it's hidden until you vote, you'd prefer us to keep that hidden until the final results?

Good start smiley: smile

Hiding it until the final results makes it much more like real elections, which I'd prefer.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 21, 2013, 7:57:06 PM
skamaks wrote:

Personally, I'd rather know what's going on, so no I would say don't hide it until the final results.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 21, 2013, 11:27:35 AM
skamaks wrote:
Hi guys,

The problem is simply that, right now, you can inform yourself of the leading choice by other means. There's almost always a thread stating that B is in the lead, but A is so much better, vote for that, etc. Even if there isn't asking anyone who voted suffices.

The system isn't perfect anyway, right now. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 21, 2013, 11:24:33 AM
Hi guys,

0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 7:59:00 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Signed - hiding the scores would be a good start!

Well thats...thats not a bad idea...i see the benefits this would bring and it would grand my idea of a revoting of your Points.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 10:33:45 AM
Nosferatiel wrote:
I would support this, if you would hide the actual votee numbers, before the vote is over. Then I'd have no problem with anyone changing his vote at all.

The problem I'm seeing is simply that people might be influenced by the recent income of votes.

Let's say someone voted for option C and sees, a few days before the poll is over, that C has no chance to win. So he reconsiders his vote and votes for B that's second only to A by a close margin.

What he originally wanted was C, so he should have voted for and stayed with C, in my opinion. We already had a short discussion about runoff votes, which proposed basically the same system, here: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11402-more-robust-g2g-voting-system

Signed - hiding the scores would be a good start!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 5:04:41 AM
Nosferatiel wrote:
I would support this, if you would hide the actual votee numbers, before the vote is over. Then I'd have no problem with anyone changing his vote at all.

The problem I'm seeing is simply that people might be influenced by the recent income of votes.

Let's say someone voted for option C and sees, a few days before the poll is over, that C has no chance to win. So he reconsiders his vote and votes for B that's second only to A by a close margin.

What he originally wanted was C, so he should have voted for and stayed with C, in my opinion. We already had a short discussion about runoff votes, which proposed basically the same system, here: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11402-more-robust-g2g-voting-system

Well the worst thing what could happen(as you correctly mentioned) is an imo absolutely legetim run-off election.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 9:37:46 PM
I have no problem with somebody IN AN ONLINE GAME to be able to change their vote. The fact that the voting takes over a week, and we have NO way to know in advance what the choices are going to be. It makes complete sense. It is very different that voting in an election.

There is no real way to "research" the choices like in a normal election where we have about a year to make a decision.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 4:22:25 PM

0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 18, 2013, 5:00:55 PM
Nice idea but as Tred said it should be limited. Maybe once every two month would be a fine.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 18, 2013, 3:31:26 PM
i dont think we realy should compare G2G to an actual state system with Millions of People ; )

PS: At the Moment i posted this the current Vote winner is 1 (ONE!) Vote before the second Options...thats are my G2G points ; (
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 18, 2013, 9:01:38 AM
Well... Don't you think it's bit weird ?

I mean, when you vote (let's say for local elections) you can't change your mind !

Imagine: "Hey! sorry but I changed my mind and I think X is lame and I prefer Y from now."

When you vote for something/someone you're supposed to have carefully studied all available options before voting, no ?

So, no. I don't think it's good idea.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 18, 2013, 3:52:51 AM
Aw crap, I clicked I agree with you, but now I want to change my vote smiley: wink

Just kidding. I'd be all for someone being able to change their vote at least once.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 18, 2013, 2:00:04 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Good suggestion, but I'd limit the option for changing the vote. Maybe we can change it 1 oder 2 times, but not more often. smiley: smile

smiley: approval

I Agree with you 100%
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 17, 2013, 11:43:12 PM
Well i didnt now if there are already Threads,Suggestions,Petitions but i want to make a suggestion to the G2G Votings.

In my Opinion everyone should be given the possibility to rethink his decision and to be able to change his G2G Vote.

At least once time.

We the People should be given the opportunity rethink our decisions many of us regrets sometimes our votes cause we read good argumentation by other ppl and their point of view.

Iam creating this Topic/Poll cause this idea comes to my mind with the recent close rase between the Sheredyn affinity Vote and i strongly regret my Vote for Battlenet despite for Informer.

In this Community only 1 Player can make the difference (as we can see in the current G2G Vote i mentioned there is often just a difference of a view 1000 points (currently little over 1000)

I think iam not the only one with this suggestion.

Edit:Forum Admin/and or Dev may can change the Poll name into *should an Option available to Change your Vote in G2G*

...first pool i made and i didnt know that the pool name and not the Threadname is shown in the Dev Blog under Pool widget.

Would be very Kind of you thank you very much and a nice day.

Thank you for listening

Greetz Sovereign.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 22, 2021, 8:20:16 PM
skamaks wrote:
Hi guys,

Did this ever go anywhere?
It seems it's still not possible to change vote.

Apologies for the necro, but I tried using the search function (due to running into the issue myself) and this is all I really found.

Would be really nice even to have a 'once only' vote change, for anyone who's reconsidered their vote upon further thought and discussion.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment