Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

On the benefits of Trade (the lack thereof)

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 27, 2013, 10:38:46 PM
Currently, trade is in a dysmal situation.

The first two route-enabler, Extreme Option Exchange, more often than not fails to deliver even it's upkeep dust.

The trade formula isn't even public (Or; I can't find it), but it's all too clear that Trade is currently incredibly underpowered.

For a 10 pop system, which is a +10 dust from a 60 industry improvement, a trade route will bring 3 dust and 1 science.

At an upkeep cost of 2 dust, it's 0-1 dust and 1 science. For the same 60 industry.

Or, for 160 industry and 3 upkeep, both routes get to 4 dust 2 science, bringing the total to.. 0-3 dust and 4 science. For 200 industry.

On better uses of Industry, 160 industry can bring 40 flat science for 3 dust, or 30 approval and +10% on ecstatic, which is hardly ever under 50 total FIDS.

And on top of this, Trade needs to have a trade partner: That means someone peaced with, which has enough systems for every outgoing route; which means atleast two peaced out opponents, fully explored, with the same system count.

Trade routes need a buff. And not a 'feel-good' +25% measure: They either need something in the realm of +500%, which accidentally would make Corporate heroes useful for something, or a whole new mechanic (Science leaking, approval bonuses, resource sharing, something).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 28, 2013, 8:51:11 PM
Trade routes do need a buff, but only for mid/late game. If they got a buff for the early game, it would be OP.

And as it is, Eternal war is too OP since trade is UP.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 28, 2013, 9:42:03 PM
Again, trade is broken right now. It sorta works and then it doesn't. I'm sure it'll get addressed.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 29, 2013, 7:34:06 AM
Nasarog wrote:
Again, trade is broken right now. It sorta works and then it doesn't. I'm sure it'll get addressed.

I hope so... and I hope it doesn't make the Pilgrims OP too! At present, peace is bad for them, unlike everyone else. That seems strange, you'd think Pilgrims would like peace, but it counters their advantage.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 29, 2013, 4:13:13 PM
The_Quasar wrote:
I hope so... and I hope it doesn't make the Pilgrims OP too! At present, peace is bad for them, unlike everyone else. That seems strange, you'd think Pilgrims would like peace, but it counters their advantage.
The Pilgrims and Amoeba are the most aggressive in my games. Go figure.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 29, 2013, 4:18:34 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Trade routes do need a buff, but only for mid/late game. If they got a buff for the early game, it would be OP.

And as it is, Eternal war is too OP since trade is UP.

Why? Would a base of 0.5 dust \ 0.5 science per pop, per route, be that overpowered? (or 0.66 dust 0.33 science..)

Currently we're in the realm of 0.2 dust \ 0.1 science, really.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 29, 2013, 8:26:25 PM
The dev's do plan to buff trade in the future if their mod is any proof.

But certainly the bonuses from trade usually end up being rather bi-polar where they are either to weak or too strong.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment