Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Hero "Dust Per CP Killed" Is Global?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 22, 2013, 8:36:02 PM
Okay, clearly I was asleep at the wheel. Pilots and Adventurers both get +dust per CP killed somewhere on their ability tree (+50 for pilots, +20 for adventurers). Normally this is a good thing to tech for when you've got a fleet hero; however, as pointed out by one of our players today, these bonuses apply globally - you don't actually need that Pilot or Adventurer to be in the combat to get the bonus.

Isn't this completely broken?!

More to the point, this game I got the new Endless hero - Administrator/Pilot with -10% ship cost on system - and with this new knowledge, realised that could be completely broken for the Horatio. 5 systems, with an Admin/Pilot, with -10% ship cost, and with +50 dust per CP killed PER HERO. That's 250 dust per CP killed without ever risking your pilot. Now, yes, that's an extreme case, but being able to keep Pilots and Adventurers safe while still giving more dust per CP than the Dust Recyclers faction trait can give seems very, very broken.

Am I wrong, or does this need fixing somewhere? Has no-one else noticed this? Or is everyone exploiting it and it's just taken us a while to spot something everyone else is already taking advantage of?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 22, 2013, 9:29:49 PM
I've never noticed this applying globally.... I usually get these abilities, too. I'll have to pay more attention the next game I play...
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 23, 2013, 9:15:18 AM
RobM wrote:

More to the point, this game I got the new Endless hero - Administrator/Pilot with -10% ship cost on system - and with this new knowledge, realised that could be completely broken for the Horatio. 5 systems, with an Admin/Pilot, with -10% ship cost, and with +50 dust per CP killed PER HERO. That's 250 dust per CP killed without ever risking your pilot. Now, yes, that's an extreme case, but being able to keep Pilots and Adventurers safe while still giving more dust per CP than the Dust Recyclers faction trait can give seems very, very broken.

Am I wrong, or does this need fixing somewhere? Has no-one else noticed this? Or is everyone exploiting it and it's just taken us a while to spot something everyone else is already taking advantage of?

I've not noticed it myself - something to check for next game, I guess.

And there's a lot of things that are broken with Horatio & heroes but having eight copies of that endless hero would be pretty damn broken in itself, regardless of any dust/cp ability...
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 23, 2013, 2:11:05 PM
I should probably add - the new Endless hero was Admin/Commander, so you couldn't actually do the massive dust build with him, but I'm sure there are Admin/Pilots in the hero deck (in fact, from the XML, there are 7).
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 4, 2013, 10:11:48 PM
StriderV wrote:
Verified that the +50 dust ability is global! I gotta think this is a bug...

And here we will thought admins were the broken heroessmiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 9:00:20 PM
Stalker0 wrote:
And here we will thought admins were the broken heroessmiley: smile

As I said, there are 7 Admin/Pilots. I think they're the broken ones. Then again, Adventurers get a +20 dust per CP killed ability somewhere in their ability tree and that one's global too, so maybe it's the Pilot/Adventurers who are most broken...

But yes, this has to be a bug... anyone know how to move a thread to the bug forum?
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment