Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Discussion: Harmony lore actually implies that they should have heroes.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 5:46:39 PM
In order to give the harmony heroes Amplitude would have to:

Add a seperate set of heroes

-including portraits

-backstories

-Skilltrees

-the mere existance of ANOTHER category of heroes, as before there were no heroes that were unique to any faction

now if you ask me that's pretty much work just to introduce a feature to a faction that makes it less unique.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 13, 2013, 1:32:40 AM
Dust heroes have spent a long time in the void surviving on their own merits......space magic has its benefits.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 13, 2013, 1:28:08 AM
rockmassif wrote:
If they can't have heroes then others shouldn't either.

What I'm actually trying to say is that they might kill enemy heroes, or convert them, or somehow bribe/persuade them to not be a slave of Dust.

I don't think that you can salvage a dustcorrupted being without exterminating it. That would probably be the harmony point of view.

So to kill them would be the only option, but like in other combats, heroes are normally too smart and powerful to get killed, they just get hurt.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 13, 2013, 1:26:04 AM
If they can't have heroes then others shouldn't either.

What I'm actually trying to say is that they might kill enemy heroes, or convert them, or somehow bribe/persuade them to not be a slave of Dust.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 13, 2013, 12:20:01 AM
Yeah I like that idea.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 13, 2013, 12:12:09 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Or their linked pure harmony hive mind? Oo

That is actually a good idea as well. Perhaps a special "hero" that applies to fleets and systems with a unique trait tree?

Administrator/Commander would be a good flavor. With roughly 60% reduced effectiveness.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 11:50:35 PM
Or their linked pure harmony hive mind? Oo
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 6:45:06 PM
I've been in favor (for a long time) of each faction starting wit ha partially randomized hero. Just have Harmony start with 1 hero. Ostensibly their leader.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 1:09:04 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Because "heroes" shouldn't be normal people. If you want antiheroes in terms of heroes having the same abilities, but not dustbased, they must still have some supernormal reason for this, or you just have a superpowered people.

So you'd need "antidust", which the harmony doesn't have.

... yet! smiley: cool
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 10:57:43 PM
Because "heroes" shouldn't be normal people. If you want antiheroes in terms of heroes having the same abilities, but not dustbased, they must still have some supernormal reason for this, or you just have a superpowered people.

So you'd need "antidust", which the harmony doesn't have.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 10:01:32 PM
Ca_Putt wrote:
In order to give the harmony heroes Amplitude would have to:

Add a seperate set of heroes

-including portraits

-backstories

-Skilltrees

-the mere existance of ANOTHER category of heroes, as before there were no heroes that were unique to any faction

now if you ask me that's pretty much work just to introduce a feature to a faction that makes it less unique.

If you can have dust heroes in a game then why shouldn't one also be able to have non or anti dust heroes? It works for the factions (i.e. harmony) so why not?

Besides, more fronts and factions could only make the experience more fun...!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 10, 2013, 10:56:04 PM
Based on the lore the harmony are becoming self-conscious "individuals" for the first time in their existence. Just like any other time something like this has happened in sci-fi (e.g. borg) it is actually critical that they have leaders who ensure that the individuals can work together and even form communities. Yes you are one of these leaders, but they probably need leaders on a micro scale as well (per group, community).

Also considering they gained individuality, its possible that some of these new harmony like their independence and for that reason want to promote more dust creating more individuals. Maybe this can be the rebel faction of harmony at some point.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 5:15:28 PM
n18991c wrote:
Just take these and all the other questions which you may have regarding how the harmony could possibly have heroes and the answer ... is the word ANTI.

See? Problem solved smiley: stickouttongue smiley: cool

Well, weaklings that mess up your fleets and then start crying and complaining, those would be classical antiheroes.

Also Harmony as a race does have hero characters. It's just that those are against the harmony and cannot be hired by them. So I do not see the lore-problem, here. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 5:12:58 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
But with which kind of powers, then?

All the powers heroes have, now, are dust-based. Even combat cards are.

Why should a non-dust-tainted harmony crystal evolve a self-consciousness and become a supercrystal, then?

Just take these and all the other questions which you may have regarding how the harmony could possibly have heroes and the answer ... is the word ANTI.

See? Problem solved smiley: stickouttongue smiley: cool
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 5:00:29 PM
n18991c wrote:
They could have anti heroes then.... who are anti dust and all of that.

But with which kind of powers, then?

All the powers heroes have, now, are dust-based. Even combat cards are.

Why should a non-dust-tainted harmony crystal evolve a self-consciousness and become a supercrystal, then?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 4:59:42 PM
I guess?

But I never really use heroes all that much then to simply store away of systems for the rest of the game, so I guess I am bias in that regard.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 4:56:49 PM
They could have anti heroes then.... who are anti dust and all of that.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 4:52:00 PM
Well heroes are dust powered super people....and the Harmony are anti-dust nazis.

They wouldn't blend all to well.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 4:37:12 PM
well, to be honest, why shouldn't they have heroes? I don't see what speaks agains that (just the hiring mechanics would have to be altered)...
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment