Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

design message for the developers

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
May 12, 2014, 1:20:19 AM
i think the limit on how many ships per battle is unrealistic. you should look at how stardrive does it. you can pretty much throw all you fleets in one big fight, which is very realistic. in stardrive you can have like put 50 or 100 ships in one big fight.

and just watch a little of Star Trek :Enterprise, you can have one big fight involving 1 human ship, 20/30 vulcan, 10/15 andorian and it's melee, and it's one big mess flying all over the place. now that's more exciting and realistic than limiting like 12 to 12 in each fight.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 12, 2014, 1:32:40 AM
if you are going to talk about realism, the rationale behind the command points is that giant fleets cannot communicate in the vast distances of space.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 12, 2014, 1:42:46 AM
Adventurer_Blitz wrote:
if you are going to talk about realism, the rationale behind the command points is that giant fleets cannot communicate in the vast distances of space.

ok dude, i get what ya saying. no video game is ever gonna be perfectly realistic to real life, with exception of holographic program like in Star Trek perhaps. that case of limitation of ship in battle is just an area i felt needed improvement if possible.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 13, 2014, 2:34:13 AM
I guess it really depends on distances, but what i'm saying is that due to communication difficulty ships are going to be in close knit groups spread out across the battlespace. I would imagine the fleets all to fight in several different battles that the game unfortunately cannot depict all in one amazing cutscene . However, ships participating in such fights would have very little opportunity to fire off any rounds at another fleet farther away. Even the ships doing nothing will have a hard time differentiating between friend and foe at that distance and are just as likely to hit one as another in the confusion of such a battle.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment