Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Can you make the AI use more troop invasions?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Sep 26, 2014, 3:54:34 PM
I've been playing Endless Space for a while and I can take over quite a few systems in a short amount of time using troop invasions. I think it's a little unfair since they AI rarely uses them, so can you increase the likelihood that the AI uses them? It would make the game harder and more interesting because you also have to worry about the AI using them and instantly taking over your systems, instead of you just using them against the AI.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 3, 2014, 7:47:49 PM
I really don't like the troop mechanic, I don't like how it effectively replaced the siege mechanic.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 3, 2014, 8:19:05 PM
Come on Igncom, the siege mechanic is still a valid way to take systems, its just that the Troop Invasion Mechanic is a good well-planned and expensive rush strategy. Plus, if you build a lot of defensive structures, you can protect yourself from small amounts of them.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 3, 2014, 11:54:32 PM
Adventurer_Blitz wrote:
Come on Igncom, the siege mechanic is still a valid way to take systems, its just that the Troop Invasion Mechanic is a good well-planned and expensive rush strategy. Plus, if you build a lot of defensive structures, you can protect yourself from small amounts of them.

Ehh, Im still not a fan.

It's like the game has 2 completely separate invasion mechanics, then a stronger and deeper single one.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 6, 2014, 1:08:37 PM
I always liked the troop invasions. You didn't have them early in the game and they require population to use, so it is costly to use if you don't have good population, plus you're now taking away the population from your systems that you worked hard to build up. Also you're never guaranteed a success and you have to protect those ships even more (in my opinion) because they used your population from your systems. They only way they don't use population is when you first build them or you upgrade them. It would make it harder if they only way to add troops to your ships is through supplying population.

I think I like this better because I've played Master of Orion 1 and 2 (they're old but still fun except for 3) and that is how they invade systems on those games. On MoO1&2 you build troop invasion ships (their only function is to invade) and once you cleared the planet's space area you can invade with them and they require population to leave the system they're built in (and population is more important in these games than in ES). It's just faster to use troop invasions.

I think the with the original invasion system it's similar to Star Wars Episode 1: they blockade the system, take control of government, ect. (excluding the droid battle and added air strikes from bombers or fighters you have) and the troop invasions is where your actually sending troops down to the surface and battling for control of the system with air support from any bombers or fighters you have (that one's obvious).

(Going off memory so I may not be 100% correct; correct me if I am wrong.)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 6, 2014, 7:20:52 PM
Technically, going with Endless Space technology, you would be first, besieging the system, which involves both bombarding critical structures and the population itself. Then you would start landing in troops while getting huge anti-personnel bombardments from your capital ships combined with air support from fighters and bombers as they fight for full scale control of the system.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment