Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sheredyn integrity bugged???

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 3:27:01 AM
it seem that sheredyn integrity proc on any contract that is broke even when ennemies broke it...

once i was playing having good relation with pretty much eveyrbody but not declaring war to suit my faction Trait, i used diplomacie to trade and exacerebrate friction between empire so they go to war so i can expend...pilgrim declar war on me breaking our alliance aumoton follow them and breaking deal with me 17 deal were broken so i had to finish the game with a -170 in approval...

somethign need to be done about this or make it only temporary like 20 turn or so.

or make that other breaking aggrement give you a bit of approval +1 for exemple

and more than anything else don't make it proc on other breaking deals...

Even ennemies declaring wars or leaving your alliance stack dissaproval on you

EDIT: i thought it was supposed to be fixed last year...?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 4:33:17 AM
IMHO the idea of the Sheredyn is actually never to enter an alliance. it's too hard to sustain unless you have only one friend and all others are enemies... and even then, your ally can finish breaking the deal. I don't know if it's programmed this way for the AI but getting you to get a Sheredyn rival into an alliance and they breaking as many deals as possible could be a smart strategy!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 3:59:34 PM
Its more of a general problem of how diplomacy works in my opinion. Like suddenly I'm not allied with someone anymore because they accepted an alliance from someone else... deals get broken for stupid reasons sometimes and sometimes you get the relation penalty when it wasn't your fault anyway...

but yeah, it should be temporary. Sheredyn in general could use some overhaul, I had huge problems winning any game with them on easy.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 11:10:37 PM
It's stupid since Sheredyn are supposed to be diplomate they just are true to their word. having to play them like xenofobic isolationnist make them like the cravers but worse
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 20, 2014, 12:06:03 PM
Kanjejou wrote:
It's stupid since Sheredyn are supposed to be diplomate they just are true to their word. having to play them like xenofobic isolationnist make them like the cravers but worse

Definitely. Its not a very interesting penalty if the best way of handling it is to avoid anything that would cause the penalty to begin with. Even if they are clearly designed to play rather agressively in general.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 21, 2014, 11:06:51 PM
I don't think they introduced that penalty without thinking about it first. Due to the alliance system, the Sheredyn trait makes it very risky to enter an alliance. Almost ruling it out as a game rule. I doubt that they are designed to be diplomats. Who said diplomacy is about integrity? smiley: stickouttongue

Sheredyns are rather a warrior race, with coin bonus for being at war, not at peace.

Anyway, my current game is the first time with them, and my 2 neighbours declared war on me, so we'll see how they go. 3smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 22, 2014, 3:16:36 AM
With how it work now their is no point to take sheredyn integrity when only war trait give twice as much poitn for pretty much the same problem ... no diplomatie

plsu sheredyn are honorbound warrior that follow their word its why they lose approvement when breaking oath
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 22, 2014, 10:24:52 PM
Kanjejou wrote:
With how it work now their is no point to take sheredyn integrity when only war trait give twice as much poitn for pretty much the same problem ... no diplomatie

This is what I was thinking in response to @YucaFrita's last comment. I know you're not talking about custom factions, but if you want a negative trait that limits diplomacy the Cravers Endless War trait would be better than Sheredyn Integrity. I really like the Sheredyn, but can't stand their Sheredyn Integrity trait so I do a custom Sheredyn faction without that trait. I really like to win through war, but I still like doing diplomacy too.

I think the Sheredyn Integrity should only apply if they personally break a deal and not if other factions breaks the deal with them.

Another solution would to make the deals unbreakable by Sheredyn for so many turns then allow the Sheredyn to break deal (if they choose), because then the Sheredyn would have sufficiently fulfilled the agreement (in their eyes) by then, while if other faction breaks deal first give them a negative diplomacy status with Sheredyn. I think game also prevents you from breaking some deals for 20 turns, so just double this time for Sheredyn. I personally like the last idea although it would probably be harder to put in game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 14, 2015, 3:31:49 PM
Griffon wrote:
I think the Sheredyn Integrity should only apply if they personally break a deal and not if other factions breaks the deal with them.

Another solution would to make the deals unbreakable by Sheredyn for so many turns then allow the Sheredyn to break deal (if they choose), because then the Sheredyn would have sufficiently fulfilled the agreement (in their eyes) by then, while if other faction breaks deal first give them a negative diplomacy status with Sheredyn. I think game also prevents you from breaking some deals for 20 turns, so just double this time for Sheredyn. I personally like the last idea although it would probably be harder to put in game.

Agreed. It's obnoxious that Sheredyn should suffer a huge game lasting accumulating penalty that is triggered by AI's (or human player's) random acts. Not only does this make diplomatic gameplay even in its slightest form impossible to Sheredyn, but the whole idea of you getting a penalty over another faction's offense is not only idiotic in the sense of gameplay but also in itself.

Let's say I buy a cell phone and commit to pay 50 dollars each month for it for the next year. After a month the cell phone provider breaks the deal even though I didn't break the rules of the contract and sues me. I'm found guilty and have to pay 50 dollars per month for the cell phone for the rest of my life. Same stronk logic have been used while developing the Sheredyn. I don't know what crossed the devs mind while designing this trait.

Now while this example is obnoxious and has no logic at all, it's what you will go through with Sheredyn every time you accidentally or knowingly end up having having a contract which the other party breaks.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 14, 2015, 4:36:34 PM
Kanjejou wrote:

EDIT: i thought it was supposed to be fixed last year...?

16. Aug. 2013

Patch 1.1.17

Fixed: Sheredyn Integrity: declaring war on Sheredyn broke their contracts

But i gues the Devs oversaw all the other ways which are able to trigger this bug.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment