Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Terraforming of Giant Gas planets

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Feb 12, 2015, 10:29:02 PM
Just finished my first game of ES. I really enjoyed it.

Just a word about the Terraforming of Giant Gas planets. i think they should not be allowed to be terraformed, as they are too big and came with all the physical repercussions of Giant Gas. I think in reality a planet like Jupiter is slightly closer in proportions (not much closer but still) to our Sun than to Terra and if any change could be done on it it would be to transform it into a small star as in Arthur C Clarke's 2010 Odyseey two book.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 25, 2015, 2:38:02 PM
Fleenots wrote:
Just finished my first game of ES. I really enjoyed it.

Just a word about the Terraforming of Giant Gas planets. i think they should not be allowed to be terraformed, as they are too big and came with all the physical repercussions of Giant Gas. I think in reality a planet like Jupiter is slightly closer in proportions (not much closer but still) to our Sun than to Terra and if any change could be done on it it would be to transform it into a small star as in Arthur C Clarke's 2010 Odyseey two book.

Realistically? Sure, what you're saying is true, but once you get up high enough in the tech tree, mastery of dust and Endless Technology basically catapults the player's civ to the level of Gods. Reality is their plaything and there is nothing they cannot accomplish.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 26, 2015, 2:40:36 PM
Pondera wrote:
Realistically? Sure, what you're saying is true, but once you get up high enough in the tech tree, mastery of dust and Endless Technology basically catapults the player's civ to the level of Gods. Reality is their plaything and there is nothing they cannot accomplish.

Pretty much this. If you take a serious look at what science has accomplished in the last.....say....200 years there will be a good number of items on the list which were believed impossible or not realistic back then. If technology does one thing it is changing our perception of the world and what can be done.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 28, 2015, 8:10:11 AM
Pondera wrote:

And besides that we have giant rocky and ocean planets as well in endless. And medium sized gas planets. And jupiter is still closer to earth in mass than to our little sun, it 'just' has this giant 'atmosphere' which compress under its own weight . Get rid of that and you actually have a good base for terraforming.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment