Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Beta patch 1.1.15 - Balance Update

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 1:24:47 PM
Yes there still are accuracy modifier per battle phase for each weapon range.

The patch is live for a week now. If you participated to the beta, you have to deactivate the beta program from the game properties.

And for the game of tonight, I'll have to delay it. I'm a bit sick today so I'll need to rest this week (I think Skamaks give me his flu :\ )
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 8, 2013, 11:31:41 PM
Guess I should have read this thread before chiming in on some of the other conversations. The game feels much more polished now than much of the feedback I have been reading.

That said... I do love reading Thuvian's spreadsheets.

I love that the battle system seems to be devised to make it hard for his spreadsheets to find an optimal design.

Job well done!!!!

Now ... if we can just find a way to demonstrate what is and is not working in specific battles... smiley: smile

It may not be possible. The knowing what works leads to a single optimal design/strategy dilemma may be an unsolvable paradox.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 31, 2013, 2:13:52 PM
Correction on fighter behavior. As of 1.1.17, fighter actually target other fighter first. Once no more opposing fighters are around, they split themselves up roughly into two equal groups. One group goes after bomber, the other goes after enemy ship. (they all go after enemy ship if no enemy bomber are present).

I have tried to mod this splitting behavior, but nothing has worked so far.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 30, 2013, 11:31:14 PM
PANCZASU wrote:
We can play together when Meedoc announces that he's ready for another game! smiley: biggrin

Sounds awesome. been a while since the last match, eh? People have been too busy lately... Ah, the good old days with Digi and Spacer...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 30, 2013, 6:28:29 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Just remember: It doesn't count without a supplementary juice sacrifice.

btw, having been gone for a month, I just found this thread. I have allot of ES to play with this patch now...

We can play together when Meedoc announces that he's ready for another game! smiley: biggrin

I might also do some kind of multiplayer event on my own... but for now I'm quite content with Meedoc
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 30, 2013, 6:21:39 PM
PANCZASU wrote:
I'm very sorry to hear this, I hope you get well soon! smiley: ohh

I'm gonna eat a cake in your name, as a sacrifice to the cake goddess. This oughta help you! smiley: biggrin

Just remember: It doesn't count without a supplementary juice sacrifice.

btw, having been gone for a month, I just found this thread. I have allot of ES to play with this patch now...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 30, 2013, 5:13:56 PM
Meedoc wrote:
Yes there still are accuracy modifier per battle phase for each weapon range.

The patch is live for a week now. If you participated to the beta, you have to deactivate the beta program from the game properties.

And for the game of tonight, I'll have to delay it. I'm a bit sick today so I'll need to rest this week (I think Skamaks give me his flu :\ )

I'm very sorry to hear this, I hope you get well soon! smiley: ohh

I'm gonna eat a cake in your name, as a sacrifice to the cake goddess. This oughta help you! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 1:49:34 PM
Luckily noone suspects me to be the cause of whatever ailments everyone most likely has now!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 14, 2013, 1:14:31 PM
Thanks for the spreadsheet. Tragically I'd already transposed it myself and spent the last half hour formatting tables. I think we are both talking about the same math for the most part now.

My summary points are then:

• Missiles don't seem to be very good.
  • Short Range Kinetics are really, really good.
  • EvasionDisorientation makes the weapons that are already superior, more superior.

As an side, I'm off to bed.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 21, 2013, 9:48:22 PM
Is the accuracy per battle phase change from beta 1.1.14 still in- or do these changes replace that iteration? I chiefly ask because theres no mention of this change in the official 1.1.17 patch notes(despite most of the other 1.1.14 changes being mentioned).

I sincerely hope this change is still in, as if it's isn't the weapon range types really have absolutely nothing to do with the weapon's efficiency in a given battle phase. Otherwise long, medium and melee range weapons may as well be renamed "antilight, balanaced, and antiheavy" or something to that degree as their niches would be chiefly defined by how much evade the enemy has.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 21, 2013, 1:26:21 PM
Unfortunately I'll not be available this evening so I'll report my next game to next week (Monday and / or Tuesday I think).

By the way congrats to Json for his victory of yesterday ^^
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 6:49:58 PM
Note to self - never again play as a non-tryhard faction in a non-tryhard way in MP with people you don't know. Cos it ruins videos big time.

Sigh

Ok, now I'll need to think if I want to upload the whole thing, only the start or not upload this at all and hope that tomorrow I will actually make a decent cast. It's kinda annoying because my commentary was actually not too bad but after a while there was nothing to really comment on.

Besides, vulgar words are really uncool <_< I'm trying to run a vulgar-less channel here! Geez...

Thing that annoys me the most is that it's all my fault. Not because I attacked a random scout (with a scout) that I knew could escape. It didn't matter at all since a turn later there was already a very big army at my doorstep - so it was obviously prepared beforehand. But I should've assumed that there could be a situation like this and actually make some sort of military early on! Instead, I was 100% defensless against the invaders. Such a bad mistake :/

Well, at the very least I have all the motivation in the world to prove that I can be a better player! smiley: biggrin You're going to play one more game tomorrow, right Meedoc? smiley: sarcastic

@gameslayer - ok, ok, maybe it does. A little ;P

EDIT: Meedoc, I wanted to watch the stream and cheer you on but it's only in 1080+ and my internet is not fast enough for that ;_;

But know that I root for you and that you will always have a special place in my heart as the one who was willing to stop the oppression <3

Btw, did the orange guy stop with his obsession about mammals' reproduction organs after I died or did he not care at all and kept renaming all of his ships and half the systems to such names?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 4:15:02 PM
How does that not make sense? I have something to do between 5 and 6 GMT. By 7 GMT I would be ready to play, however if I played now I would have to leave at 5 GMT. Yet I still asked if you wanted to play somethign until I had to leave. What doesn't make sense about this? smiley: confused
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 3:57:44 PM
Gameslayer989 wrote:
Mis-quoting me now are you? smiley: stickouttongueower:

I haven't got time at 6 pm CEST to play for 4 hours straight right now but 7 pm GMT would have been fine. don't take me out of context! smiley: stickouttongueower: smiley: stickouttongueower: smiley: stickouttongueower:

Liar :P

So, let me get this straight - if you do not do anything right now, you'll magically have time to play for 4 hours later? That makes no sense. And I know that you don't have anything to do right now because you wanted to play something with me!

*that's when an epic voice is supposed to say "SMACKDOWN"*

But it's ok gameslayer, we know that you're a spawn of chaos and live to spread said chaos. Here, have a corn: smiley: food

Also, I'll stop ninjaing this thread now smiley: ohh
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 3:47:19 PM
Mis-quoting me now are you? smiley: stickouttongueower:

I haven't got time at 6 pm CEST to play for 4 hours straight right now but 7 pm GMT would have been fine. don't take me out of context! smiley: stickouttongueower: smiley: stickouttongueower: smiley: stickouttongueower:
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 3:43:25 PM
Meedoc wrote:
I'll play from the office, so I can't start too late. But I'll see if I can start a bit later like 7-8 pm

Oh no. And I was about to go into ES and start spamming the refresh button.

6pm was fine! smiley: ohh

And don't worry about gameslayer, cos he won't come anyway. Quote from a totally private steam conversation:

17:36 - Gameslayer989: i haven't got time to spend 4 hours playing a game from start to finish

So... yeah ^_^

Of course it's up to you. But please give us a bit of warning before you host the game. This time, I'll be monitoring your twitter closely smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 2:27:39 PM
Nah it's fine, i'm not the only person in the world. I'm more annoyed that you changed the time without saying rather than not being able to play :P
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment