Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game Mode: Tournament

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 6:51:13 AM
Okay so I've played through a few maps on my lovely newbie settings and know just enough to fly around blindly gobbling up planets. Even though I'm lost and could really do with a more in-depth tutorial I absolutely love the space combat and the customization options for the ships/heroes. This brings me to my idea.

Now don't get hung up on the name but I was thinking of a game mode/option that focuses just on the combat. You would be able to assemble one fleet + hero with everything unlocked for your civ and go up against other fleets in a series of short matches. Could do a best of 3 or whatever with the option in between matches to make adjustments. I would love being able to mess around and come up with some weird fleet combinations without playing through a civ for 6 hours or so just to unlock everything.

Hopefully this isn't too outlandish, thanks!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 9:04:27 AM
Not too outlandish at all! I really think this idea would be great. Reminds me of the quick battles or whatever from Total War. If you don't want to play through the entire campaign map part of the game and just want to do battles you could just design a few fleets and play out the battle to see which side wins. You could control how much tech would be available to either side (just like how Total War allowed for you to choose the tech age of the side).

What I would really love this for would be for testing and perfecting fleet builds or even individual ship builds. You could build what you think you want in quick battle then pair yourself up against what you think your enemy will have as ships and then see how you fair.

+1!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 9:14:44 AM
So it's pretty much Sandbox

Sounds great ^^ I would love to see fleet fights. Thought won't it quite ruin the exploring fun? I mean , you test out and roll for the best stuff you can get , instead of failing and trying to beat the others .

But that's just my 2 cents
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 9:23:12 AM
I agree with this idea too,

apart from appealing to my lazy side, sometimes it is just a whole lot of fun to instantly jump into a big battle (total war style) with just a few clicks, rather than spending the whole 'campaign' building smaller stuff and waiting to get the bigger, better stuff...

I don't think there is any chance of it ruining any exploring fun because this will just add another part to the game (as I see it, separated from the main part) smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 6:39:33 PM
Yep people who like exploring fun will still have the exploring part of the game to do that in this would be separate like Jordan said, I'd be super excited if it had something like this smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment