Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Messages if unable to fly to a system

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:58:47 AM
Yesterday I noticed some strange behaviour.

What basically happened is that I could not fly to a system that I could previously fly to. There was no indication why I couldn't so I was thinking "bug! be gone!". A few rounds later I made contact to a new race that had massive influence in that region and I could then see that its influence stopped me from entering that system.

I think:

(a) If you can't fly into a system due to such a reason you should get a message telling you why you can't do that. Otherwise it feels like a bug.

(b) You should not get stopped from even flying toward that system. I think the ship should travel the star-lane until the border of the other races influence and then it should stop, giving you a message/warning that entering would mean declaring war or something like that. At least that would allow you to make contact.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 10:03:59 AM
That has happened to me until I reseached "border ..." In addition you need to make some sort of Diplomacy with the said factions to allow you to enter their space if I recall correctly
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 10:20:09 AM
I know. You can agree open borders with an other faction - once you know them. The problem I describe here is that if you don't know them you still get blocked from flying into that system - without any indication why.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 10:45:54 AM
Ok is the link between your system and theirs smokey line. If so you dont have the Tech in order for you to warp to that system
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 10:51:11 AM
I am not asking a question why this is happening - I am exactly describing why it happens in my initial post.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 11:01:45 AM
Sorry if I mis-understood your problem. Just trying to help as not happened to me.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment