Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Allow no double-use of any combat card in one battle

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:31:04 PM
I finally had a chance to experience a bit of combat (the Carvers are trying to take the choke point between us that I currently hold), and one change I would make is to only allow one use of a card in any combat. It would make it a lot more challenging and interesting.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:42:54 PM
Only one ? Are you kidding ? The combat is lacking some decision, and you would lower that ?

No way, I hope. I would like choices to do before battle, more card choices, and after battle possiblities (like kamikaze !)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:51:00 PM
I didn't make myself clear - no coffee yet. What I meant was to be able to use each card no more than once. Sometimes using the same card in all three phases is overpowering.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:07:02 PM
That's a good point, actually. If I know an opponent loves to spam missiles (and let's face it, who doesn't? :P) I can just hit Camouflage three times and no ship above a certain size (where stacking decent amounts of flak becomes feasible) will take any significant hits.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:36:17 PM
I second that!

It would make it much more interesting to choose the cards. Thou i would like to have a pausable preparation battle phase ...

which brings me to another point:

Right now it seems to be possible to see enemy weapons / defenses anytime. So before a battle i can everytime choose the strategy perfectly fitting to the enemy defenses / weapons.

Would it not be a nice thing to have the scouting devices on ships be worth something?

My suggestion is: One only sees the composition of the enemy fleet and most of all weapons, defenses and perhaps even subsystems, only if he has enough scouting / radar ships in his fleet or in the vicinity of the enemy. This would also make another type of device possible, the support subsystem of scrambling enemy scouts, so that you can camouflage your own strategy from the enemy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 3:15:52 PM
No, that would make card choices too much of a guess until you have the right tech. I like the way it works now - the first turn of combat may bring surprises, but if you survive you should have a good idea of what cards to play in the next turn
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 3:20:33 PM
Agreed with the quastebec suggestion.

Knowing the shape of enemy's vessel is obvious but having all the data of a ship you never seen before...

We can also imagine that if they put some spying in the game your spy could bring back to you the detailed data of a(ll) ship model of your enemy
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 3:25:59 PM
+1

Yes it is a good idea I think too. I was thinking to something similare, like having the choice to have reusable tactical option and 'one shot' one. Also I was thinking to have specific or dedicated phase option.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 3:51:44 PM
I do agree with this, but another addition to this would be the adding or more cards, and maybe cards that are only useful in the different phases... ( Like Camouflage only useful in long range, and maybe medium, but not at Melee range.)
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 5:39:00 PM
DA_Corporation wrote:
...cards that are only useful in the different phases...

That's a good idea.

+1
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 6:46:05 PM
tgb wrote:
I didn't make myself clear - no coffee yet. What I meant was to be able to use each card no more than once. Sometimes using the same card in all three phases is overpowering.

That is a good idea ! You would have to think more when you'll play them. And at the start you would be sure that each of them would be used.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment