Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Retrofit Using Industry rather than dust

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 11:12:53 AM
I a quick search didn't find this specifically mentioned else where

It would be nice if could schedule ship/fleet retrofit using industrial capacity of the system it is in rather than spending dust, could probably automatically add to that systems build queue (cost could be new value - current value)

and then "lock" that ship/fleet to that system until the job is complete/cancelled.

edit: buyout cost initial value should be the same as the retrofit cost
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 11:30:29 AM
Even hough I think it's a good idea, I don't think it would blend well with the way production is handled.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 11:37:53 AM
I find that it would be much better as dust is not that easily recovered when you upgrade your armada of 20+ ships :/
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 11:58:36 AM
Either this, or reduce the cost to retrofit. At the moment (especially with the rock paper scissors style of weapon vs defence) it makes it too hard to modify your fleet to face different empires.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 12:29:33 PM
Make it a researchable tech that yields a system improvement- either linking retrofit/repair to industrial cap. or reducing the dust cost.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 1:53:52 PM
fireblade wrote:
I a quick search didn't find this specifically mentioned else where

It would be nice if could schedule ship/fleet retrofit using industrial capacity of the system it is in rather than spending dust, could probably automatically add to that systems build queue (cost could be new value - current value)

and then "lock" that ship/fleet to that system until the job is complete/cancelled.

edit: buyout cost initial value should be the same as the retrofit cost

I was thinking to that at the beginning, but after some 20h+ of playing and testing wiht the alpha, I am now convinced that it is not a good idée.

Why?

Because, as the economy is designed now, when you have some good forge systems, it seems that the main interest to accumulate dust (apart to reach an economy victory) is to be able to adapt quickly to any threat by mass retrofit. If you allow retrofit by industry, in these conditions there will be less (if no) interest to accumulate dust. In my humble opinion such modification could reduce the depht of the eco in some way...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 1:55:13 PM
I don't think this is worthwhile. If you want to retrofit with industry just build new ships or Ind-dust.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment