Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Alternate Tech Tree view

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 6:18:07 PM
One problem that I'm having in the game is quickly and readily seeing what technologies are available for me to research at that instant. Sometimes, I just want to see what techs are available to me when selecting the next tech for research, instead of having to scroll around the tech tree to find it.

I've attached an image to demonstrate what I mean. Apologies for its ugly nature; it's what I could put together on paint.

MAB

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 6:19:26 PM
It is too simple for me. I like planning several in advance and forgetting about it anyway.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 6:29:59 PM
Yeah, I get what you mean, it's simple, but would be an excellent alternative. I tend to gear my tech to specific occurrences or needs, so I don't like to plan more than two or three techs ahead. Seeing what's available to research at any given time would be a real benefit to someone who plays like me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 6:34:38 PM
mabelair wrote:
I tend to gear my tech to specific occurrences or needs, so I don't like to plan more than two or three techs ahead. Seeing what's available to research at any given time would be a real benefit to someone who plays like me.

I tend to play the same way and was thinking along the same lines. I think the full tree has it's place and definitely needs to stay, but a simple list showing only the techs you have immediate access to would be very useful.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 6:44:51 PM
First time I played, I was thinking exactly the same. But after some games, you learn how to navigate and read the tech tree. Now, I like the tree. Yes I do.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 6:55:37 PM
I think it would be a good addition. It already works well for Civilization.

On the topic of tech trees, I have trouble with tech trees in weird shapes and prefer a more linear look. Civilization and Sins of a Solar Empire are good examples of this. Even in Swords of the Stars the rotating tech tree gave me trouble.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 7:02:48 PM
Gordon wrote:
First time I played, I was thinking exactly the same. But after some games, you learn how to navigate and read the tech tree. Now, I like the tree. Yes I do.

It needed some times to get accustomed. But now I just couldn't stand such simple way of displaying the reserches.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment