Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] More ship hull variation.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 9:13:01 PM
I've been playing a bit and I don't see any use of the smaller hull types later in the game. There is absolutely no reason to take them except faster production, because they just die twice (or more) as fast. Also, cruisers at the same size (tonnage-wise) as battleships? Sounds strange because battleships usually are a lot bigger than cruisers.

I'd suggest to:

Add some more benefits for each hull type. For example, corvettes and destroyers could get extra space movement and better defenses to reflect the fact that they're small, light and nimble, and thus make for harder targets to hit and can evade some incoming fire. Reduce accuracy when targeting them by some %, for example.

Add some benefits and downsides on taking the bigger hulls. Increase accuracy when targeting them (reflecting their lumbering nature and bigger size), and maybe even give them some movement penalties. To offset this, and reflect the fact that they can have massively bigger power plants, increase their firepower for example (or don't offset it at all, they already are pretty tough compared the the smaller ships).

Make a battleship 900 tonnes and 3 command points, to reflect the fact that battleships usually are a class (or two) bigger than cruisers.

The suggestions here are just to give you an idea or two. It would just be nice to keep having use for smaller ship types in the late game.

Greetz,

Bratyn
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 10:20:38 PM
This has already been suggested and a summary list of improvement is listed here. If you feel certain ideas not rasied or have fresh ideas then please refer to this discussion thread
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 10:31:13 PM
I see something about 'bigger ship classes' and 'customizable ship designs', but nothing detailing what I just suggested here. I'm not suggesting to add any ship classes, merely a revamp of existing classes to make them more useful and/or different from each other in more ways than just tonnage and hp (and the little bonuses on certain modules that they already have atm).
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment