Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Economic warfare

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 9:57:19 PM
How about the idea of an economicly powerful race being able to control the economy of dust to the extent that thay can inflate the costs of other nations and can observe the comings and goings of dust.

Hell maby the can purposely crash the market to purposly drive other weaker economys into debt and even a reccesion, possibly leading to great unrest!

SO ablitys for economic races to fight more warlike races on an equel footing.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 1:38:28 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Hell maby the can purposely crash the market to purposly drive other weaker economys into debt and even a reccesion, possibly leading to great unrest!

You can already do this in game. You have to research some diplomacy techs, and develop a good working relationship with the enemy you want to destroy economically.

Then you trade some stuff to them on a payment plan. Charge them per turn rent for the stuff. If you get them to pay you a lot every turn, they go broke and can't buy stuff, while you are swimming in money for easy fleet upgrades and quick builds.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 12:39:00 PM
Then how do you affect races thats don't like you?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 12:43:29 PM
By using your successful industry to build MOAR space ships and grind them into dust! smiley: smile.

Seriously, it's an interesting idea but it sounds like it would be a lot of work to implement and tune..
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 12:51:06 PM
Yeah, possibly.

I am a dude of crazy ideas.

But the ablity to fight a more militarly powerful empire with your own advantage would be nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 1:24:14 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
How about the idea of an economicly powerful race being able to control the economy of dust to the extent that thay can inflate the costs of other nations and can observe the comings and goings of dust.

SO ablitys for economic races to fight more warlike races on an equel footing.

Personally I liked the Imperium galactica 2 idea of an economic powerhouse (Shinari Republic). Also the idea that you could create builds to increase your trade income etc. (maybe trade ships etc, and we could charge tariffs/ landing fees etc).

I often would have no tax on imperium galactica 2, and be flush with cash cause of the trade fees alone. Just adds a different way to play the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 1:26:41 PM
Adding many ways to play the same game is how you increase its lifespan!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 1:26:51 PM
lurker wrote:
By using your successful industry to build MOAR space ships and grind them into dust! smiley: smile.

Seriously, it's an interesting idea but it sounds like it would be a lot of work to implement and tune..

I have a feeling that the devs are not only looking at our comments for es, but also perhaps for the next game, and the next etc.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 1:59:11 PM
ArrowLance wrote:
I don't want this. All systems are affected by violence.

So a nation with a weaker military should have no otherway to fight back?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 2:27:53 PM
FridgePanic wrote:
I'd rather have a Black Market where you can buy and sell resources like Titanium-70.

+1.. Something I have been wanting too. A black marked would be awesome and a great addition to the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 2:00:24 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
So a nation with a weaker military should have no otherway to fight back?

Yeah. As if economic warfare is ineffective. *Looks at the collapsed Soviet Union*
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment