Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

UI: better resource hover help

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 2:47:35 AM
The flavor text in the tech tree for the resources is nice. But what is needed is to know what benefits the resource provides. Also, it would be nice to have the same hover help appear when you hover over the resource icon in the universe view. In the universe view, it is also nice to know what technology unlocks it. In addition to resources, this hover help should also appear for the luxury icons in the universe view.

EDIT: when you hover over a resource name in the system view, you get the "effects" section. This is the information which is missing from the hover help in the tech tree and the universe map.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 2:53:43 AM
In the Civ games, there is a "civilopedia" which contains all game information. It would be helpful to have the same idea for ES. It has a tab for each type of information, such as techs, resources, buildings, cards, hero abilities and so forth. In civ, this is generated directly from the game database, it is not separately written. This ensures that when the exact numeric values are changed during tweaking, the help does not get out of sync. (The Total War games don't do this, it is separate html files, and this has resulted in a huge number of bugs for them.)

The resource information and the ability trees are not in the help anywhere, so it would be helpful to do these first.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 3:42:02 PM
Well, I don't think civilopedia is really a subset of hover help, but other people have suggested civilopedia also. So moderators moving the second post under the first is no problem.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 3:48:17 PM
I believe there is a greyed out button in the in-game options menu called Archive which I've assumed will be something along those lines when it is opened to us. Apart from that I agree that a few more hover help locations would be quite useful.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment