Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Consolidate rare resource notifications (and extension of this)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 6:16:55 PM
I'd like to see notifications for rare resources, moon explorations and diplomacy become consolidated into individual lists, much like the list for completed system production is.

As is shown by the screenshot, it's bit over the top that whenever my research uncovers a new rare resource, I'm suddenly bombarded by up to 3 notifications per rare resource discovered. I'm talking along the lines of Syderite, Adamantium, not the FIDS stuff. It's particularly silly with Containment Fields and Personal Shielding, both of which unlock four resources in one go, and then quite possibly getting a notification for Resource Discovered, Resource Monopoly and Resource Exploitation each!

I think it would be better to have all of these consolidated into a slightly larger pop up window that contains all of these points of information together, the same way as the completed production round up does. I've had it once or twice where I'm getting monopoly notifications for a couple resources pop up every turn or two, as a blockade is regularly lifted through an extended tussle over one of my systems.

As extensions of this, I often find myself exploring several moons in one go, and tend to pay for these in dust if I have some to spare. Generally there's nothing there, so these could be grouped together, and the same goes for diplomatic notifications (of which there are currently lots and lots). Diplomacy could be summarised, colour coded and grouped together, which would be pretty useful for larger games.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 6:27:47 PM
Hard to imagine it hasn't been suggested already, but I totally agree, while I don't have business with diplomatics so far and the notifications could be simply ignored since they vanish in the next round it would be visually more appealing and faster to grasp if they would put together.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment