Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] In-game in-depth tutorial, from a business perspective

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 4:26:52 PM
Speaking purely from a business standpoint, you gentlemen have made a fantastic game. I like the alpha so far, but I'd be lying to myself if it didn't take several games to just wrap my head around the tech tree and the core basics of the game.

To many, this is a put-off, and I can see the bad reviews from the people less patient than I am causing this game needless strife in the marketplace. I'd recommend throwing together a simple, quick-game based tutorial that is an option, but not mandatory. The tutorial should be built using someone from Amplitude's voice instead of the strain-o-vision screens that we have now. Simply put, there was so much information shot out at you in those screens that I felt it easier to just ignore them and just start clicking buttons to see what they did. I eventually got it, but for a game this deep, it took me several hours to do.

I'm hoping that you guys are planning a tutorial similar to this for the main build and that what you have now is just a temporary fix, but if you guys really want to get as many sales as you can possibly get and ensure the funding of future ventures via sales here, it's necessary. Not to mention the reputation that comes from something like this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 5:32:52 PM
An interactive tutorial should definitely come with time and I would be surprised if it isn't already in the works.

However, alpha is alpha and I think that Amplitude has higher priorities at the moment. Especially because a tutorial would have to be updated with each major gameplay change.

Still, good to keep the idea in the fore smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 6:01:22 PM
What I hope is that we'll be able to create "scenarios" with trigeers, and some tech unabled, so that I can create a tutorial for the cravers.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 6:45:09 PM
Man i would love some one to make a horde senario were the players would have to fend off massive small ship with massive command ship fleets, starting off with raiding by increasing till it is actually impossible!

Or one where you face off against an opponent in a race toget a monopoly on 3 stratigic resources. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment