Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] - Removing purchased item dust return

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 5:03:42 PM
If you purchase an item or ship, your funds are automatically depleted but if you then remove the item from the queue, the dust is not transferred back to you.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 6:07:07 PM
I don't think it's a bug. As buyouts are for accelerating things, why would you cancel what you've paid for ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 6:15:28 PM
it's probably a bug hopefully... cuz if
VieuxChat wrote:
I don't think it's a bug. As buyouts are for accelerating things, why would you cancel what you've paid for ?
no return policies suck.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 7:48:15 PM
VieuxChat wrote:

How are you going to explain to your people that you accidentally pressed the purchase button for a new battle-ship that is non refundable and you have nothing left to buy more food for them :-D
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 7:57:07 PM
Ruddrage wrote:
If you purchase an item or ship, your funds are automatically depleted but if you then remove the item from the queue, the credits are not transferred back to you.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

Are you saying that you stick some items in the build queue and the first item uses up your 1 turn's worth of industry points even if you cancel it.

Or are you saying you stick some items in the queue, then use the buyout option on them, but then don;t get refunded if you remove them from the queue?

If it is the second then I would say it is not a bug, but that you should still get the item. I mean if you've used buyout you should definitely get the item next turn and should have no chance of cancelling it. If you mean you can buy it out then cancel it and not get either your item or your dust back then that is a bug of some sort, at least that's what I would think.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 8:22:38 PM
The second option.

If you click on the buyout option for an item, x amount of your dust is spent and the buyout option is greyed-out. I couldn't find how to cancel the buyout so I removed the item from the queue but the dust was not returned and said item didn't appear on the next turn.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 8:24:50 PM
Then the bug would be that you are allowed to cancel the item at all. I should imagine that the intention is that you should not be able to refund a buyout under any circumstances.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 8:40:01 PM
I would much prefer what the OP requested. In case my hand twitches, or something, I should be able to cancel the expenditure of possibly hundreds of dust. In the time between when I press the buyout button and the next end of turn, I should be able to do "something" to cancel the buyout. Removing the item seems the most obvious way to communicate this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 8:53:17 PM
I still don't like that. Maybe a popup that asks if you're certain. That way there would be no accidental buyouts.

Buyouts are an important part of the game and you shouldn't be able to take them lightly. I think I prefer the idea of just being very careful with them in the first place rather than being able to cancel them afterwards.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 8:57:27 PM
I'd prefer a popup at the start just like GalCiv2. Once you said yes there was no going back.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 10:58:25 PM
IMHO anything should be cancelable. In other games I rely on this. For example, I may have two buyout opportunities (in different systems). I may choose one; then discover the other is more important. So I need to cancel the first one. Some players may know their economy perfectly and may never make this mistake; but many of us would like to cancel.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 12:12:54 AM
I don't think this is a bug, but I deem it to be an important suggestion. So I'll move and rename the thread to the game design discussion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 12:07:38 PM
It is a good/bad bug, but sometimes, it doesent matter what you buy it is allways 998 dust.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment