Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Strategic/Luxury Resources and Starsystem Improvements

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 1:30:47 AM
Didn't found any suggestion or something like that on the forums or in the game, even if it is had for me to imagine no one mentioned something like this yet.

My suggestion is simple. In the game there are already technologies and starsystem improvements which depend on having access to certain strategic resources, which I think is a good addition to the game dynamics. But I think there should be some starsystem improvements which are only available in certain systems with direct access to certain strategic/resources, maybe slightly enhancing their effects on the empire. Some examples:

Special Farming Operations (or any better name): +X% food per Redsang/Hydromiel throughout the empire per Hydromiel/Redsang in the system.

Mercurite Refinery: +X% Hero XP throughout the empire per mercurite in the system.

Virtual Study Center: +X% Industry throughout the empire per Virtual Artifact in the system.

etc...

Feedback, suggestion, like or dislike?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 4:57:09 AM
KNC wrote:
Didn't found any suggestion or something like that on the forums or in the game, even if it is had for me to imagine no one mentioned something like this yet.

My suggestion is simple. In the game there are already technologies and starsystem improvements which depend on having access to certain strategic resources, which I think is a good addition to the game dynamics. But I think there should be some starsystem improvements which are only available in certain systems with direct access to certain strategic/resources, maybe slightly enhancing their effects on the empire. Some examples:

Special Farming Operations (or any better name): +X% food per Redsang/Hydromiel throughout the empire per Hydromiel/Redsang in the system.

Mercurite Refinery: +X% Hero XP throughout the empire per mercurite in the system.

Virtual Study Center: +X% Industry throughout the empire per Virtual Artifact in the system.

etc...

Sorry, I misread. Yes that would be interesting.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 11:02:50 AM
I agree. Especially the idea of a Virtual Study Center. Hmm, maybe call it the 'Mental Simulations Laboratory' and give it a -1% cost to Science victory per Virtuals Artifact, in addition to whatever other benefit it has. I mean, the Science victory basically amounts to duplicating the achievements of the Virtuals faction, whereas the Economic victory is pretty much duplicating the achievements of the Concretes faction.

I don't think the structures should flat-out duplicate the bonuses of the resource. I'd say they should be separate but related bonuses. Hydromiel and Redsang are too similar as it is. This would be an opportunity to differentiate them. Hydromiel fruits are techno-organic constructs that grow almost anywhere, right? So call the facility 'Hydromiel Factory' and make it give a flat +1 Food per Hydromiel in the system, for all of your systems. Whereas Redsang is a lichen that can be processed into a spice with "notable effects on biological health and longevity", so call the facility... I don't know what you should call the facility. I'd say make the facility give an approval bonus to the empire though. +2% approval per Redsang in the system.

The facilities should probably require research to unlock them. The tech tree is a little sparse anyways, as it is.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 12:06:33 PM
@Platescale: Yeah I thought it to be unlocked by research, and you have some really good ideas there, maybe I'll make a few suggestions for all of the resources like that later.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 12:25:28 PM
KNC wrote:

etc...

Added to summary list under Mod / Techs > System Luxury/Strategic Enhancement Tech
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment