Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Fleet Intercept UI

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 3:56:56 PM
I much appreciate the addition of an intercept ability to fleets - being able to prevent ships from moving through systems is quite handy! I was surprised that my fleets didn't intercept other fleets occupying the same system, but after thinking about it, I prefer the way you implemented it, as it gives the player the option of having a combat or not.

However, the UI for intercepting is easy to misinterpret, and a bit hard to see at a glance. That is, you've added a per-ship button (intercept toggle) right next to the invasion toggle button, which is per-system. That's not too bad, as the initiate combat button is also per-fleet (although it took me a while to figure that out smiley: wink), but it makes it very slow to see which fleets are intercepting, and which are not, as you have to click through each of them and check the toggle.

I'd suggest having a toggle-box next to each fleet that showed where or not it was intercept active. It would eat a little more screen real estate, but it would make it much easier to see at a glance which fleets had it. It would also make it harder to have enemy fleets slip past if you perform fleet reorganization in preparation for combat (or, theoretically, attack a weakened intercept fleet).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 4:07:11 PM
Thank you for your suggestion however similar suggestion has been made and therefore been added to summary list (linked signature panel below). If you feel you have any ideas or suggestion thats not already been suggested then create detail thread of your idea and link it with a summary to the summary discussion thread (also linked below) so that I can add it for the Dev Team to consider.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment