Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Tax Rate Auto-Button

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 2:20:54 PM
Depending on your strategy you can be in situations where no single system will fall below 'ecstatic' at non-zero tax rates. There is no reason whatsoever to have taxes set to 0% in this situation. The game should force the tax rate up to the highest tax rate at which no planet suffers *any* tax penalties. A little green "stopper" could be added to the left side of the tax slider to inform the player that this is what's happening and mousing over it could display an explanatory tooltip.

Honestly, I don't think there's any reason *not* to do this. If it disturbs some Ritalin-inhaling psychopath an option can be made to turn it offsmiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 2:49:45 PM
One reason could be to not automatized everything in the game. The "exploit" is one of the 4x. If you choose to never check your tax even people are ecstatic, it is a strategy, maybe a Role play one smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 2:56:33 PM
Photon_Ventdesdunes wrote:
One reason could be to not automatized everything in the game.

This really isn't a problematic level of automation.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 4:34:25 PM
I don't see it as a problem, keeping it at 0 seems to be the norm now since alpha 2.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 5:12:47 PM
There is one easy reason not to automize that one. You do have other bonuses from the tax-rate. For example the lower the tax-rate the bigger the science bonus you get for your empire, not talking about the fervent or ecstatic states here. So if you want to research more you might want to choose to keep the tax very low even if you wouldn't impair anyones mood with a higher tax.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 10:41:37 PM
Oh, well if that is the case then I withdraw this suggestion.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment