Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Less Straightforward Exploitations

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 12:37:41 PM
Can we get some creative Exploitations? I mean, the basic FIDS-based ones are cool and all, but I would love some alternative Exploitations.

Examples(not thought through for play balance, but just off the top of my head)

Global Gigapolis: -1 Food per Pop, +1 Dust per Pop, -10 Happy, +4 Pop

'Park' World: +25 Happy, +1 Happy on Empire, -1 Pop, +1 Research, -3 Industry

Penal Colony: -20 Happy, -1 Pop, +2 Happy on Empire

I'm sure the devs can think of a lot of these. Don't you think this would at a lot of flavor to the game?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 12:45:18 PM
I think it's a cool idea, but probably a lot of the concepts you may think as exploitations may be as well system improvements
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 12:56:12 PM
Could add more options to the game, though in the current interface setup it wouldn't really work unless the options were heavily restricted to avoid fugly exploit frame clutter.

However if the planetary information interface were to be redesigned, would certainly welcome more choices that actually have consequences beyond "What do I want more of?".

But then the same goes for most areas of the game.... choices generally don't have consequences or downsides... things just keep getting better and better and moving in a linear upwards direction. So maybe it's just a characteristic quirk that defines Endless Space. :rolleyes:
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 1:04:14 PM
I agree at least to tweak the exploitations a little bit, adding new ones might be ok as well. Another thing that could be improved is on what planets which exploitation gives what kind of bonuses.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 1:08:35 PM
Not a bad idea but I wouldn't get carried away with it as others have mentioned most of it can be accomplished with system improvements. Maybe 1 more that sort of has that park aspect of +25 system happiness +2% empire happiness but comes at a cost of other fids factor. Having said that I actually think that it's wise not to over complicate that particular choice for people though (at least for now) with a whole long list of options.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 10:42:08 PM
*bump* for attention.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 1:28:27 AM
No bumping!

lolz smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:14:37 AM
I apologize for bumping the thread. It won't happen againsmiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 8:07:13 AM
I don't think that exploitations should ever add population potential. It's not like they're a permanent decision; what if I build an ecumenopolis, but then I want to go back to having a production focus? Do the excess population units get shoved out into space on leaky transports?

The same problem can exist for reducing population if you build a different exploitation first, then switch later.

Personally, I think 'ecumenopolis' should be a special planet type that the player can terraform habitable planets into late-game, with a worse FIDS line than any of the top-tier planets (but a better overall output once its increased population capacity is factored in).

Oh, and I also think that 'Balanced' should be a planetary exploitation type. Maybe have its own three-step line of gradually improving exploitations.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 8:51:03 AM
Platescale wrote:
I don't think that exploitations should ever add population potential. It's not like they're a permanent decision; what if I build an ecumenopolis, but then I want to go back to having a production focus? Do the excess population units get shoved out into space on leaky transports?

The same problem can exist for reducing population if you build a different exploitation first, then switch later.

Personally, I think 'ecumenopolis' should be a special planet type that the player can terraform habitable planets into late-game, with a worse FIDS line than any of the top-tier planets (but a better overall output once its increased population capacity is factored in).

Oh, and I also think that 'Balanced' should be a planetary exploitation type. Maybe have its own three-step line of gradually improving exploitations.

I agree with Platescale to make population by a exploitation is not realistic.

But I like the Idea of more exploitations. For Exmaple their could be the option

to make a planet to an Holliday Planet wich costs a lot but gives +2 Happines

per Planet in alll Systems you own but is limited to 1 per 10 Systems or so.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment