Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Attributing AI to systems default

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 2:19:07 AM
Just a small thing but I think it's a little silly that the default AI for systems in NONE as opposed to balanced.

Also when a system is colinized or about to be, why isn't there a pop up box asking you to select an AI for the system?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 2:41:47 AM
It's optional. I think the default should remain "none" so that you're immediately in control of the system after colonization and if you want to attribute an AI and have it manage the system, it's a simple matter of clicking on your empire summary and assigning one to it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 3:21:52 AM
Yep, have to agree with craigbic on this one. Consider all the noobs wondering "WTF? Why is my planet building stuff I didn't order? Why is it changing my build queue? And why did it choose to build X when obviously I want Y?"

There is also the matter of control and willingness to delegate authority. It's a personal decision.

So while I like the idea of making everyone aware they can offload system development to an AI, I also don't think it's a good idea to make that a behavior until the player understands and decides to do that on purpose.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 3:34:45 AM
AngleWyrm wrote:
So while I like the idea of making everyone aware they can offload system development to an AI...

I hadn't even thought of that but now that I think about it, it wasn't very obvious that you could do that and I just happened to stumble onto the AI dropdowns.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment