Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] - Interaction/Dialogue screen (fleet contact)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 3:19:31 AM
I had the idea as I played soem other games recently that we should add another game element to this:

A dialogue/interaction screen of some sort when one meets another players/AIs fleet. In this interaction window one could "talk" to the AI, suggest things, etc.

So for example if it was a pirate fleet one could select the option to offer them to pay them for letting one go or similiar.

But also on the other hand if it was an enemy making them either pay to pass or take their ships whatsoever (of course they can decline and attack/try to flee)

Or if it was an ally ask him to follow one/join the fleet and do whatever

So not just a diplomatic screen on empire scale like now, but on smaller scale and individual as well. Also depending on the situation.

To realise this do it via a comm screen with a moving picture etc of the other commander in one corner and one self/the hero in the other or a holographic intercomm in some room or whatever. There are many ways to realize this. As long as it's done. Quite a vital feature to me
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 4:49:55 AM
I like it, I always found it boring and stupid that all these types of games never have no comm for first contact, like seriously ? bout time it was introduced. Small comm screen with alien race 'loop video animation' or meh pic.. if devs dont want to make video comm.

+1
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 5:16:00 AM
I believe the devs are already cooking something up for First Contact encounters. However, I'm really liking the idea of having a 'fleet dialogue' system that you described

+1
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 12:11:51 PM
+1 But i want to have this not only to enemy fleets or on the first contact. I want to be able to talk

to my own fleets, too. Motivate them for the battle (10Dust or so and then they fly +1 for 2 turns |only

usable all 15turns or so).A other idea is that you can interact with them to rename then. Like you say

commander suggests a new name xxxxx for bravo pleas confirm.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 2:51:08 PM
Suttner wrote:

But also on the other hand if it was an enemy making them either pay to pass or take their ships whatsoever (of course they can decline and attack/try to flee)

I love this idea so very much! It is so frustrating to know that basically the only actions I can take when 'enemy' ships are in my systems is to ignore them or destroy them... Being able to say 'get the heck out or I'll destroy you,' or ANYTHING would be wonderful! Especially when I'm trying to befriend this 'enemy.' Destroying scouts always feels like the wrong way to go about befriending someone...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 7:16:34 PM
Suttner wrote:
I had the idea as I played soem other games recently that we should add another game element to this:

A dialogue/interaction screen of some sort when one meets another players/AIs fleet. In this interaction window one could "talk" to the AI, suggest things, etc.

So for example if it was a pirate fleet one could select the option to offer them to pay them for letting one go or similiar.

So not just a diplomatic screen on empire scale like now, but on smaller scale and individual as well. Also depending on the situation.

To realise this do it via a comm screen with a moving picture etc of the other commander in one corner and one self/the hero in the other or a holographic intercomm in some room or whatever. There are many ways to realize this. As long as it's done. Quite a vital feature to me

Added to te summary list under Game Play > General > Interaction Dialogue
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment