Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Warp drive module

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 2:43:32 PM
Anybody else think it would make more sence and be a better balance if ships could only warp travel if they have a warp drive mod?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 2:51:45 PM
Eh...Maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong, warp is what allows us to go through the wormholes, right?

Right now I've just assumed that the tech is something basic in all the engines, so you have the warp travel even without an engine mod. I'm fine with the way things are now, but if the devs decided to make things a bit harder and more strategic, doing this wouldn't upset me. You would have to spec your fleets carefully, though, such as leaving normal ships without warp in your home systems as a defensive fleet, while some go out with the mod to explore/wage war. I'd be fine with either of these.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 3:00:54 PM
smiley: smile na na, the tech that lets you go off-road and away from the travel lines not the wormholes, becuse i knda like the current wormhole set up. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 3:03:58 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
smiley: smile na na, the tech that lets you go off-road and away from the travel lines not the wormholes, becuse i knda like the current wormhole set up. smiley: stickouttongue

Bah, I knew I would mix the two up. ^^;;

Hmm...In that case, I still stick with my main argument, really. I just assume that the tech is a basic component of the ship engines once you research it. I wouldn't mind either way, though, if the devs kept it as it is, or did turn it into an engine mod. It would change the gameplay up a bit, that's for sure, as I go off-roading fairly often.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 3:08:44 PM
I remember that there already was a thread discussing that at length.. I was for a limitation of the warp drive back then.. and I'm still for it smiley: wink

+1
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 3:41:48 PM
StK wrote:
I remember that there already was a thread discussing that at length.. I was for a limitation of the warp drive back then.. and I'm still for it smiley: wink

+1

I am also for this in both threads.

+1
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment