Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Force movement options

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 10:16:22 AM
As I undestand it there are 3 movement options available.

[1] string movement, [2] wormholes, and [3] free movement

It would be nice if you could control what movement your fleet would use.

I came across an issue last night.

I am building fleets at system [A]. I want to take system . I was doing fine and was winning up until I researched the wormhole use. At this point my fleets would move to system [C] first and fight who was there.

Anyway. If the fleet had the options below, it would give you more tactical control. I want to bypass the enemy fleets to attack their rear as I now have warpdrive, it shouldn'y follow the strings if I dont want to.

[y/n] Use wormholes

[y/n] Use Warpdrive

[y/n] Prevent use of strings
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 12:29:43 PM
I'm pretty sure there's already a way to over-ride the path fleets automatically make. It's something along the lines of holding Ctrl when you click on the system you want, to ignore wormholes and follow only strings. Something like that. I'll try and find the post where one of the moderators or devs were describing the function and post it here.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 2:01:29 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
I'm pretty sure there's already a way to over-ride the path fleets automatically make. It's something along the lines of holding Ctrl when you click on the system you want, to ignore wormholes and follow only strings. Something like that. I'll try and find the post where one of the moderators or devs were describing the function and post it here.

Yes also you can make them travel only trough the room without wormhole/string when you want. Use shift ctrl or so.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 2:25:42 PM
skamaks wrote:
• Modified the pathfinding algorithm. You can override the algorithm by holding the left shift key and right-clicking on the system(s) you want. If you have the warp drive technology, ctrl + right-click on a system will force a free movement to the selected system. Warp/wormhole movement displays blue dots. Free movement displays green dots.

Finally found it. It's in the "News from the Dev Team" thread (link) under the post about a quick patch for the Alpha 2 version. The quote pretty much sums up the movement options.

As I understand it (as I've never used these shortcuts in game) the Left Shift+Right Click lets you create your own path, system by system. Ctrl+Right Click has your fleet ignore strings altogether, assuming you have the appropriate tech to do so. If I'm wrong, someone correct me. Like I said, I don't use these myself, I've never had trouble with the normal system.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment