Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] GUI Customization

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 7:04:21 PM
First, hi! New here. I'm a relative noob to the game, absolutely loving ES though. I was really pleased to see, when I loaded it up the first time, that it supports surround gaming without flinching. I can make it as wide as I want and it looks beautiful. Right now I run at a resolution of 4800x900.

Unfortunately, though, the anchoring of the UI Elements make it very uncomfortable in this setup. The easiest way to fix that that comes to mind is to make them moveable. Maybe they already are and I just don't know how. I'd love to see the windows free floating (so I can move them anywhere) and with the ability to anchor to screen edges (top, left, bottom, right) and each other.

If this already exists, my apologies and can someone point me to it. I looked for it and didn't find anything. If not, it would make an awesome add
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 7:13:29 PM
I don't think it does exist and I am not sure how much work would be needed to make it possible. Right now I feel the design works fairly well and is pretty intuitive, but I have a 24 inch monitor so my resolution is nothing compared to yours.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 7:46:26 PM
I'll post a screenshot when I get home from work tonight. It's just that the menus are uncomfortably far apart. I've been playing in windowed mode so that I can have it comfortably close.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 8:50:58 PM
Scale down the resolution.

Or play windowed.

On my 1920*1080 on 24"

Multi display support would be usefuller as movable ui elements. I think that less than 1percent

have such an resolution. But dual monitor are about 10-20%.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 5:20:20 PM
as I said, I've been playing it in Windowed Mode.

However, being able to move UI elements around would benefit anyone using multiple displays, myself and anyone who wants to span it across just 2 monitors

http://watchmythreat.com/pix/es3w.jpg

Here's a screen cap. I didn't feel like chopping off my fourth monitor so you get to see my standard desktop too.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 3:23:34 PM
3840x1024, across 3 monitors. Movable elements would be nice. The turn completion button mostly.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 1:49:52 PM
Moved to the proposals section.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment