Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion]Change 'blocked' on combat cards to "if blocked"/"if blocked by opponent"

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 3:19:16 AM
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. That is, when it blocks the opponent's card.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 3:37:33 PM
Draco18s wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. That is, when it blocks the opponent's card.

That's correct. Still "block" is kind of ambiguous.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 3:44:51 PM
Oh.. I had no idea that is what that meant. More detail in-game spelling that out would be nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 4:30:35 PM
"+X% when countering" would sound good to me. Block sounds a bit confusing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 6:21:09 PM
Wow, it's a bonus for successfully blocking?? I had absolutely no idea. That's probably bad. I thought that since it's a lower number, that was what you would get if you were blocked. Sheesh....
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 6:21:53 PM
Ok, so pop quiz, in as few as many words as possible, how would you explain it on a card?

My first idea is "Block Bonus Effect" but that would still have to be paired with an explanation somewhere in the tutorial.

I think a better idea would be to come up with a word for getting the block, like countered or something. Can't think of anything decent. IE, you can be blocked with an x on your card, or you can be bonused with a plus on your card. But the word 'bonus-ed' is not a good word for it. Boosted is probably better.

So call it a Boost Effect and describe boosting. You can even separate the mechanic to get boosts from Heroes or other places. For example, a hero can boost a card for X dust, and a boosted card will still have the boost effect applied if blocked, but it wouldn't stack from getting a 'real' boost by blocking the opponent. That would be a pretty badass high level skill.

In fact, that would be an excellent money-sink, because it would be powerful enough to rate a decent chunk of dust to activate. For those fights that you absolutely must win.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 9:14:20 PM
"Countering" would probably be more clear as at the bottom of the card it says what cards it counters
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 9:18:26 PM
"Countering" is a good term. Also, a tutorial slide in your first battle wouldn't be too bad, either.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment