Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Multiple Galaxies

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 10:42:34 AM
I've seen a number of posts regarding deep space, which sounds like a pretty cool idea. Deep space should contain large asteroids, rogue planets, endless space stations, etc, all of which should be colonisable. These deep space objects should have deep space only resources, like anti-matter or dark energy/matter. to add to this i think in latter game, one should have the opportunity to explore other galaxies, using technology obtained from deep space. These galaxies should be home to other races, and should basically be a random galaxy controlled by an AI. I think this should be an option, so if you wanted a very long game then you are capable of doubling or even tripling the size of the map.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 1:49:24 PM
I have seen a lot of threads about this, and I would still really like to see it come to Endless Space. Here's some of my ideas on it:

Pre-Game launch there could be certain settings when making a game such as:

Endless Space: Allows game to continue on even after achieving a victory path. Also has endless amount of galaxies.

# of Galaxies: Allows players to choose how many alternate galaxies that would be available to travel too. (If people don't want to play on endless, just a longer than usual game)

Traveling to alternate galaxies could be done with Expansion technology by building Stargates, or wormholes that could be 2 way doors to other galaxies as well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 9:29:41 PM
I think this is a really good idea. it gives the player a more "realistic space-like" feel. I liked having multiple galaxies in SoaSE.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 10:15:11 PM
I like this idea as well it reminds me of sins, i mean they could add risk/reward into it as well in that the space between galaxies is empty theres nothing there, they could make it so you really need to buff up your ships infrastructure and supply before you could make those big trips
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment