Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Changing cursor

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 9:28:12 AM
Hiho,

I wanted to suggest different cursor types at least for selecting ships/planets/starstuff and one for "grabbing" the map and moving around.

If this suggestion has already been made or it is a planned feature for beta and final please ignore.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 9:32:49 AM
The first question would be: why? Do you really encounter problems the way as it is now?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 10:45:56 AM
Not sure if/when this will be implemented soon, but the UI designer will have to submit some ideas.

There used to be a different mouse cursor in some test version (not the white arrow). So that's definitely possible.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 12:45:54 PM
Cadoras wrote:
The first question would be: why? Do you really encounter problems the way as it is now?

I don't think it's that we encounter problems, as much as it is that...Well, in my opinion, I simply don't like the look of the typical white arrow mouse cursor. Endless Space is such a beautiful game, and the default cursor flying around doing everything just breaks some of the immersion. I wouldn't mind seeing a cursor that looks more like it belongs in this kind of sci-fi game. Mass Effect (or, at least 3, never played the other two on the PC) had a special cursor for it's main menu, and most other games I play change the cursor to fit the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 1:05:12 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
I don't think it's that we encounter problems, as much as it is that...Well, in my opinion, I simply don't like the look of the typical white arrow mouse cursor. Endless Space is such a beautiful game, and the default cursor flying around doing everything just breaks some of the immersion. I wouldn't mind seeing a cursor that looks more like it belongs in this kind of sci-fi game. Mass Effect (or, at least 3, never played the other two on the PC) had a special cursor for it's main menu, and most other games I play change the cursor to fit the game.

Okay, but that's a suggestion to change the cursor itself. I think Hitokiri is suggestion something else: a cursor that changes between functions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 10:35:29 AM
More of a cursor that changes its looks depending on what you are doing. I think it's just a alpha bug but very very often i can't "let go" of the map an just have to click frantically to regain the ability to actually do something instead of scrolling around aimlessly (oh boy my english hast a whole bunch of ys...)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:45:44 PM
Cadoras wrote:
Okay, but that's a suggestion to change the cursor itself. I think Hitokiri is suggestion something else: a cursor that changes between functions.

HitokiriOkami wrote:
More of a cursor that changes its looks depending on what you are doing. I think it's just a alpha bug but very very often i can't "let go" of the map an just have to click frantically to regain the ability to actually do something instead of scrolling around aimlessly (oh boy my english hast a whole bunch of ys...)

Ah, okay. I'd, personally, be against a cursor that changes depending on what you're doing. I just don't think I'd like seeing it take the shape of a hand, "gripping" the screen as you move it around. That may not be how they do it, if they the devs do this, but that's what came to mind. A simple, constant cursor is what I'd like.

Now that it would really be a big deal, though, so, either way would be fine. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 3:34:37 PM
Maybe I always pictured controlling a big empire with your hands and fingertips on a big holografic screen (kinda like minority report hehe...) so a changing cursor might represent your hand. On that topic it would be really cool to play ES on a next-generation-version of the kinect controller ô.o controlling your systems like a conductor (the music kind not the electric one)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment