Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggesion] Add galaxy map to the Completed Construction window

I like idea to add map to the Completed Construction window
I like idea to return to the Completed Construction window on close system view
I like idea to Add the systems with empty queue to the Completed Construction window each turn
I don't like these ideas
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:15:06 AM
Some good ideas, I voted for them.

An alternative to having a mini galaxy map overlaying the main map would be to highlight the system on the regular map, and/or to have a small 'goto' button on the construction menu somewhere on the same line as the system name.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 1:39:29 PM
Yes, please! Was thinking about this myself while playing today. All three, in fact. smiley: smile Glad to see someone posted about it. ^^
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 5:58:21 PM
qeas wrote:
The main idea is to add a map of the galaxy that will allow the player to easily identify where the planet are located in the galaxy.

When player observe finished improvements in the Completed Construction window he can identify planet only by its name, but if we have many planets this is not sufficient especially in large and huge galaxy. Will be very useful to have galaxy map to the left of the list and highlight appropriate planet on map when mouse hover list item. This can be true and for the Empire Management view and in any place when it comes to mention planets or systems. This can be looks like that: .

Next I suggest to return to the Completed Construction window on close system view when it was called from that window

When player click on item on in the Completed Construction window that opens System View, but when player close System View the Completed Construction window are closed too and player needs to open it again to see next item. I think will be better to stay Completed Construction window opened when player return from the System View and easily can observe next completed tasks.

And in conclusion I suggest to add the systems with empty queue to the Completed Construction window each turn to notify player about forgotten systems

In Completed Construction window we can see only systems that complete improvement. But from time to time appear systems with empty queue (conquered systems or system where player forget to add new improvements to queue). I think these systems must appear in the Completed Construction window to remind about this.

Your suggestion has been added to the summary list under Interfaces > UI - Construction Minimap
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 12:10:49 PM
The main idea is to add a map of the galaxy that will allow the player to easily identify where the planet are located in the galaxy.

When player observe finished improvements in the Completed Construction window he can identify planet only by its name, but if we have many planets this is not sufficient especially in large and huge galaxy. Will be very useful to have galaxy map to the left of the list and highlight appropriate planet on map when mouse hover list item. This can be true and for the Empire Management view and in any place when it comes to mention planets or systems. This can be looks like that: .

Next I suggest to return to the Completed Construction window on close system view when it was called from that window

When player click on item on in the Completed Construction window that opens System View, but when player close System View the Completed Construction window are closed too and player needs to open it again to see next item. I think will be better to stay Completed Construction window opened when player return from the System View and easily can observe next completed tasks.

And in conclusion I suggest to add the systems with empty queue to the Completed Construction window each turn to notify player about forgotten systems

In Completed Construction window we can see only systems that complete improvement. But from time to time appear systems with empty queue (conquered systems or system where player forget to add new improvements to queue). I think these systems must appear in the Completed Construction window to remind about this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 1:17:58 AM
I've had the same thoughts regarding having the location of the planet available when decisions I'm making would take that into account, but I also consider it important in the Star System view. My thoughts run along having a full galaxy map functioning exactly as pictured in the first post also present in the fullscreen Economic summary list as well, and a closer view of the current planet and its immediate surroundings when in the Star System view (this is sufficient to identify the pertinent info and can show more local detail in a given space...the full map makes more sense for lists since you can mouse-over different items quickly and a zoomed view would be disorienting when doing that as opposed to highlighting the system on the map).

I also agree that exiting a system view should return to the "Completed Construction" window like it does to the full screen Economic list, but I'm also pondering other considerations like maybe having the Complete Construction window itself stay open in the full screen Starsystem display so you can quickly skip between system. I even have the same concerns about empty queues, and also was thinking how some "skip to next system with empty queue" might be put in the same place, and have some other concerns with the Starsystem display and how some aspects could be improved (I think).

I do think the "infinite" queue items should count as "empty" or something similar should be done to help prevent overlooking them as well, but the more involved ideas I have on that will probably have to wait until/if I collect my thoughts on item sorting and icon clarity and put together a comprehensive post on all the places I find that an issue.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 12:18:46 AM
Yeah I think these ideas are pretty good, would make stuff indeed a lot easier.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 8:59:58 PM
I want a zoomable map with viewing options like highlighted systems, space lanes, territory, fleets, zoomable all the way out for perspective. info for know space only, additional info for locations you have spies, ships, colonies, etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 4:19:15 PM
This would be a really nice feature to have, especially when playing on large-huge galaxies. I already almost got lost in my empire, trying to find one little planet that was giving me trouble.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 2:02:00 PM
I really like the idea. After while, once your empire has become quite large, it can be difficult to remember where which territory/planet was located, so a small map would be helpful.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 1:33:38 PM
I think the only time I needed to know where a planet was in the galaxy, was when I create new fleets and want to send them someplace.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 12:45:31 PM
I like the idea. A map next to the construction window would be really helpful because as it is know you basically have to remember the names of all your planets. That can get quite tedious on larger maps. smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment