Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Terraforming damages stratigic resources.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 12:50:01 AM
Planets that have the unique property to generate anti-matter and such maight have a bad time when being terraformed and i belive this could be represented in game, making these resources more of a strugle to hold and use without hindering them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 2:34:52 AM
I'm not crazy about this idea.I could totally see the AI ruining alot of choice planets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 4:19:29 PM
I dunno, terraforming is already such a minor improvement to most systems by the time you get it (I usually have the capability to offset all unhappiness and get any given system to ecstatic by the time I can improve barren/lava worlds) that I think this might just make it worthless. Now, if the different planet types were significantly different in terms of cost/benifits then this might make sense as it could be worth it to lose one low level source of Titanium-70 in exchange for a world that isn't losing you dust every turn.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 5:23:06 PM
you do know Ohma that when you terraform your planets, they get more space for population..? somthing like 1 extra pop pr terraform untill the planets reach terran (dust), ocean (research) or jungle (producktion).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 7:14:04 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Planets that have the unique property to generate anti-matter and such maight have a bad time when being terraformed and i belive this could be represented in game, making these resources more of a strugle to hold and use without hindering them.

I was surprised to find that terraforming had no effect on planetary resources. At the very least, I expected Luxuries to be impacted.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 9:10:25 PM
"Terraforming is such a small bonus by the time you get it"

HAH! It is quite the beneficial boost to your systems if you plan ahead for it. Having a forge world system with only large/huge jungle worlds means you can spit out fleets in a single turn by the mid/endgame. Not to mention having loads of science worlds everywhere.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 9:53:56 PM
Terraforming Rocks!

Try terraforming 6 planets to Jungle and bump up tax like crazy and ind-to-dust. SUPER DUPER DUST.

Mansen wrote:
"Terraforming is such a small bonus by the time you get it"

HAH! It is quite the beneficial boost to your systems if you plan ahead for it. Having a forge world system with only large/huge jungle worlds means you can spit out fleets in a single turn by the mid/endgame. Not to mention having loads of science worlds everywhere.

smiley: approval ^ Experience terraformer. Take his words as Truth. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 10:05:16 PM
TheManInRoomFive wrote:
Yeah, more penalties for terraforming! So we don't end up in total uniform systems.
I don't see the problem. It's a huge technological investment to get up to the point where you can terraform systems like that, it should be impressive. If you lose resources by default, then certainly there should be a tech that allows you to spend Industry to get it back. (I mean, we can add minerals to the soil of a mineral poor world, I think we can get our antimatter reserves functional again.)

If you don't want uniform systems, then the three main options should be altered. Maybe Ocean should get an additional Science point per person, since Industry is so much more valuable; maybe Terran too since Dust isn't worth all that much.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 10:20:44 PM
It decreases diversity, it is a bit far fetched tech wise, and it is OP the way it works a the moment. 3 good reason to me why it should be altered. Instead of terraforming, have a more adaptive approach. Enable the building of cities or bases if you like. Some dome like cities protected by some high tech glass.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 11:06:20 PM
Seems like that would remove a lot of the purpose of Terraforming, which would to be better make use of anomalies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 2:45:59 AM
Ok did the math. Holy ####!. Here it is:

Planet Type Planet Size Exploit Approval Total Pop Total F I D S
Jungle Huge Ind 2 0 13 773.6 255.3 203.5 116.4 198.4
Tundra Huge Ind 2 -5 11 664.5 193.2 139.7 99.6 232
Lava Huge Ind 2 -15 7 336.9 69 119.9 40.8 107.2

All upgrade building have been built, except the moon improvements.

Also, note that I have not factored in the ability to crank tax up and still maintain production. The numbers provided above are based at 50% tax

If you build the 100% smiley: food-to-smiley: industry :

Jungle gets +1/3 more gears than Tundra.

Tundra gets +3/4 more gears than Lava.

So the advantage of making everything Jungle industry systems only makes sense, especially after you have finished all your needed and wanted research.

It is better to have the option of making all systems Jungle than to place artificial limits and penalties. If everyone can do it, then its not out of balance nor exploitive.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment